Amazon Fire Stick

grahamboyd

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Looking at buying an Amazon TV Firestick £35 or Amazon TV Firestick with 4k Ultra 4D £70.

I have a Pioneer HD Kuro TV in my living room and a cinema room with projector and 5.1 surround sound - I would look to use the stick with both - cinema room via AV amplifier and living room into TV. I have basic SKY only connected to my living room TV.

Whats the difference between the two sticks? Don't really fully understand this $k yet - guess 4,00 lines which both my cinema screen and TV don't have.

Both sticks have Netflicks - would I have to pay for Netflicks monthly over and above buying the stick - I know most people pay £5.99 a month for Netflicks. Also what films / movies are on the Fire Sticks and if I use it with my cinema room connected to the AV amplifier would you get the sound in 5.1 surround sound coming out all 5 speakers. If this was the case I guess it would do away with the need for my Blu Ray Player.

Advice much appreciated.

Thanks

daveperry3018

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Google kodi on firestick, I use a raspberry pi 3 in my living room and a firestick in my bedroom, if you have a strong Internet connection you can access ALL sky channels and movies for free! I've cancelled everything and have been using kodi for the last year no problems, I now don't pay sky subscription but watch sky channels and bt sports all pay per view events movies that have not been released from the cinemas and don't worry it is totally legal, seriously check it out, it's a no brainer, I use the firestick as a transport for kodi which you can sideboard onto in around 15 minutes.

daveh75

daveperry3018 said:
and don't worry it is totally legal, seriously check it out,

It really isn't! and what's worse is the misassociation/misuse of the Kodi name with these dodgy third party streaming addons, and pre-configured boxes is actually threatening the future of the Kodi project.

https://kodi.tv/the-piracy-box-sellers-and-youtube-promoters-are-killing-kodi/

daveperry3018

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I never mentioned anything about third party addons, I mentioned kodi which IS perfectly legal as it an open source media player, hints in the title, yes some people abuse this, but if you are willing to use the trusted addons and stay away from bad repository and builds it's awesome, if it was illegal Amazon as a company wouldn't promote side loading on their box and stick for development purposes. Of course some people are going to take advantage of this and, I in no way condone these box pirates leaving people with brick boxes that dont work, but with a bit of self learning it is easily accessible. I've never had a problem.

daveperry3018

May 7, 2015
Visit site
There has recently been a legislation passed about all of this and as long as it's not torrent it's fine, as with p2p if somebody else is streaming a event movie music you are free to pick up that stream. This is all online and available, if it was illegal these massive companies wouldn't allow it nor isp's kodi is open source media centre it allows addons third party, it's a massive thing now and is becoming more and more popular, I refuse to pay these extortionate sub costs, when it's all there for free

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
You're missing the point (by quite a margin). Kodi is legal - using it to view Sky and other pay to view/copyright products is not.

Addons are available to do this but it does not mean it is legal or that Kodi are complicit.

It does not matter if it via Torrent or P2P, it is still illegal as it is theft.

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Xanderzdad said:
You're missing the point (by quite a margin). Kodi is legal - using it to view Sky and other pay to view/copyright products is not.

Addons are available to do this but it does not mean it is legal or that Kodi are complicit.

It does not matter if it via Torrent or P2P, it is still illegal as it is theft.

My understanding is that watching a stream is legal as you are not sharing the information with anyone else, whereas using a torrent means you are sharing data with other users.

As long as you don't create the stream yourself it is legal.

daveperry3018

May 7, 2015
Visit site
SonofSun said:
Xanderzdad said:

My understanding is that watching a stream is legal as you are not sharing the information with anyone else, whereas using a torrent means you are sharing data with other users.?

As long as you don't create the stream yourself it is legal.
This is my understanding if you are not sharing it's legal

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts