Amazon Fire Kindle - Cyrus & Naim app ?

satycool

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thinking. if buying a Amazoin Fire tablet due to its price, reliability, battery. iWill use it for general web browsing but more importantly for my music on Cyrrus streamer and Naim Mu-So.. I understand the Fire Kindle uses android OS, though no google apps, so just wondering if the Cyrus & Naim apps are available on Fire ?

Thanks

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I use my Kindle Fire for streaming Spotify and the quality isn't great compared to CDs.
It's not shockingly bad but has a slightly dull, lifeless feel to it.
Maybe playing through the better DAC in your Naim streamer will make a difference? But I wouldn't recommend a Fire straight into an amp

satycool said:
Thinking. if buying a Amazoin Fire tablet due to its price, reliability, battery. iWill use it for general web browsing but more importantly for my music on Cyrrus streamer and Naim Mu-So.. I understand the Fire Kindle uses android OS, though no google apps, so just wondering if the Cyrus & Naim apps are available on Fire ?

Thanks

Neither app is listed in the Amazon store but it may be possible to download them via the web browser. I did this for the Oppo control app and this works just fine.

daveh75

satycool said:

Thanks

You can search the Amazon app store

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=sv_mas_5?ie=UTF8&node=2636809031

If they're not available then you maybe able to sideload them.

Edit - I'll rephrase that. You will be able to sideload them, but whether they'll install properly and run is another matter.

As an aside you can install Google Play on Fire Tablets...

daveh75 said:
satycool said:

Thanks

You can search the Amazon app store

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=sv_mas_5?ie=UTF8&node=2636809031

If they're not available then you maybe able to sideload them.

Edit - I'll rephrase that. You will be able to sideload them, but whether they'll install properly and run is another matter.

As an aside you can install Google Play on Fire Tablets...

Perhaps you can explain how you can install Google Play on them, I cannot seem to do so on mine.

satycool

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all. I just want the offical Cyrus and Naim app you get on iPad or Android phone/tablets that can stream from Nas drive. Will check the above links and hopefully both apps are there! If they can be side download that be fine as long as it works the way it should. If anyone has done that please let me know if the app works the way it should.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts