Am I a dealers (and forum) nightmare?

About a year or so ago the Leema was glitching out on one channel, but only when using Freeview radio & TV -- no other source: it was fine with the turntable, CD player. Genuinely thought that perhaps after 12-years of ownership, the amp was showing its age. I was seriously looking at other amps as a replacement.

Anyway, 4 days ago our Sky HD Box died. I've since reverted back to the Denon tuner. Hadn't used it in ages purely because the choice of radio stations on Freeview is more.

Not only is the sound quality excellent on basic FM, but in the last 4 days the amp hasn't glitched once. I've tried all other sources... it's fine.

Apologise to any dealers on here and other members who've suffered my threads asking about replacement amps, incl. toying with actives.

Some people would like to see public boiling brought back, with me as a recipient.

I'm just relieved to know the amp is in fine fettle.

Gray

So you're saying that the Sky box went intermittent before failing?
I take it you never thought to swap the CDP into the 'faulty' tuner input on the Leema?
...which would have instantly confirmed the Leema to be fine 🙂
The elimination process is not optional, it's essential PP (y)

There's a lot to be said for FM radio. I've got a Denon in the rack. As for my Quad FM4....still sounds good, in its 38th year.

Reactions: Tinman1952
So you're saying that the Sky box went intermittent before failing?
I take it you never thought to swap the CDP into the 'faulty' tuner input on the Leema?
...which would have instantly confirmed the Leema to be fine 🙂
The elimination process is not optional, it's essential PP (y)

There's a lot to be said for FM radio. I've got a Denon in the rack. As for my Quad FM4....still sounds good, in its 38th year.
Trust me I tried everything: Swapped the cables around, cleaned all the terminals, cable ends etc etc.

Because it was intermittent there was no sure way. The last 4 days it's been fine.

The Sky Box has been misbehaving for the last couple of years off and on. Now it's no more...(I can feel the Pythons dead parrot sketch brewing)

In some ways the Sky Box curling up its cables up (so to speak) is a blessing in disguise. Hadn't used the tuner for well over a year. Although Freeview radio isn't thin sounding, the little Denon has more heft, a full-bodied presentation. Like comparing vinyl with CDs: the latter has a little more detail & clarity but vinyl has the realism that CD can't quite reach.

Tinman1952

In some ways the Sky Box curling up its cables up (so to speak) is a blessing in disguise. Hadn't used the tuner for well over a year. Although Freeview radio isn't thin sounding, the little Denon has more heft, a full-bodied presentation. Like comparing vinyl with CDs: the latter has a little more detail & clarity but vinyl has the realism that CD can't quite reach.
Your Denon TU-260 is a lovely little tuner. The first HiFi item my eldest son bought with his own money! Extremely well regarded years ago... I still use an old Denon AVR 2106 as an FM radio in my bedroom as it also has an excellent FM tuner. Hope they never turn it off! 👍

Reactions: Al ears
Your Denon TU-260 is a lovely little tuner. The first HiFi item my eldest son bought with his own money! Extremely well regarded years ago... I still use an old Denon AVR 2106 as an FM radio in my bedroom as it also has an excellent FM tuner. Hope they never turn it off! 👍
It's a little cracker. I purchased it off a well-known auction site for £15.00. It came with it's original box, packaging and manual. It cost me £20 of petrol to pick it up. It's possibly the best pound-for-pound hi-fi item I've purchased.

As a big radio listener, it's hard to fault it.

Gray

My one is the TU-460L - fed from a 5 element roof aerial. Still hissy on the weakest, fringe reception, but anything would be.
They're the sort of quality item you see down the dump. So many people don't know or care what they're chucking.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts