Alternative to spikes for expensive wood floor?

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi

We're staying with family temporarily and of course the first thing I did was set up my Naim / Dynaudio system.

The speaker stands are sand-filled Atacama SE24s and in my old house with carpet were on spikes and were rock solid (which makes a real difference with these speakers).

Anyway, to get to the point - they're now on a newly laid, very expensive solid oak floor so spikes are out of the question. I've taken the spikes off and cut carpet squares to go under the bases. However, they are no longer 100% stable so I'd be interested in your recommendations for a floor-friendly solution.

Thanks

Roger

A

Anonymous

You can buy plastic discs that have an indentation in the middle for the spikes to fit into.That way they dont stick in the wood floor.They have a felt base also so they don't scratch the wood.They are specifically designed to support spiked speakers on wood/laminate flooring and you can get them from most hi fi shops.

A

Anonymous

You can get 'cups' for the spikes to sit in. You should find them by doing a search on ebay.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts