Alternative, 3rd party 3d glasses for Panasonic?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I didn't even know there were any 3rd party glasses out there for panasonic tv's, it would interest me if they were cheaper than the £130 panasonic want per pair for their active shutter glasses but my only doubt would be how good a 3rd party pair would be when compared to the panasonic ones.

I've already been waiting 5 weeks now for my supposed 2 'free' pairs from when i purchased the tv so a cheap alternative would interest me but performance would be my main concern but don't forget panasonic, sony, samsung and i think lg recently announced a joint initiative to produce glasses that are compatible across all those brands of tv and will be backwards compatible with all 2011 tvs.

A

Anonymous

Funny you should raise that subject guys because there was some testing done of 3D TVs(Including Panasonic) and 3D Glasses on last night Channel 5 Gadget show. The show was repeated this morning at 10.15AM.

If you missed the show you should be able to get it up again on Catch Up TV or it will probably be on You Tube.

ME? I have no wish at all to join the 3D revolution, at least until they improve and the price drops like a stone!

Happy Viewing.

Boozercruiser (Kenny Thain).

PS....I think you should be able to get the info on the Gadget Show Web Page here......I have not checked properly though as I have to go out now.

http://fwd.channel5.com/gadgets/audio-video/televisions/lcd-and-plasma/samsung-ue46c8000-3d-tv

A

Anonymous

They look great but at a price. There are pairs on ebay for a fraction of the price of Pana ones. I was hoping someone might have taken the plunge and tried some. Thanks for the input everyone.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
just be careful with 3rd party classes if you are interested in colour accuracy - as apparently some of them use different tinted lenses.. for that reason, id be inclined to stick with panasonic glasses.. the new 3rd gen are meant to be great and have a '2d' mode for anyone who doesnt like 3d.. (like my wife) hoping i can pick up a pair at christmas..

A

Anonymous

thank you for that. they sound idea. My little boy sometimes gets fed up of the 3d so to be able to have us all in different modes would be ideal.

A

Anonymous

So your son would have to watch TV with the 3d glasses on but have them 'switched off'??!! Seems a shame

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts