Almost there!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
batonwielder:Oh BTW, has anybody seen the R3's in Maple in person? I've only seen Cherry and am not really fond of its discoloration when aged. Rosenut looks better but Maple looks great in pictures. More decisions!

Yes. Mine are Maple.

Gorgeous.

John Duncan

batonwielder:Could someone tape JohnDuncan's mouth?

Ooo d‚j… vu

Pulp_Fiction_Gimp.jpg

coolaboola

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Most hardwoods will achieve 90% of their colour change in the first year.Cherry will start off much lighter and deepen rapidly.Maple also changes though, from its initial pale tone to a more golden yellow.Some will prefer them aged some won't.Just a harmless point to note.

A

Anonymous

chebby:.

Of course if the 'g' was pronounced as in 'Agincourt' or 'regent' then it could be 'ree-ja'! But that is just silly

Or Ree-za according to Mr B Cornwell
images

Well, probably all the French too !!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
We won the battle, we get to pronounce it how we want. (Until the re-match.)

And don't give me the Normans. They were Scandinavian Vikings (North-men) who just happened to settle in a bit of France under the leadership of Rollo the Gangler... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hrolf_Ganger. The French had nothing to do with it. In fact the French paid the Normans to protect themselves against further Viking incursion. (Inside the tent p@@@ing out rather than outside the tent.... etc.)

A

Anonymous

Harold was hardley british though was he? bloody saxons! this is a celtic isle!

Runs and hides

A

Anonymous

Yeah, but if the battle is actually at a place called Azincourt (well near the church and the castle) aren't we doing the Frogs French a favour.

I mean they could say ' I ave no 'nolege of un place called Agincourt' or 'You roast beef are so arrogant you rename our towns like you own zem' or something like that.

Now the fact they haven't really conquered anywhere since the ......well, a very long time ago, is lost in an argument over spelling.

One Europe.........only if we conquer it....again. Vivre Le Rosbiff

batonwielder

May 13, 2008
Visit site
Back to the subject, people!

Just to reiterate for the people who are jumping in mid-thread, the choice is between Naim Nait 5i and Rega Mira 3 for use with Rega Apollo and R3.

Take a vote!ÿ

A

Anonymous

just to say, i love my cd5i nait 5i combo, but the g/f hates it.thinks its much less real sounding than the nad c320bee & c542 they replaced, I would whole heartedly recommend them though.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
batonwielder:
drummerman:Ok. Cambridge Audio 840A v2
emotion-2.gif

Why not? The dealer carries it. I'm gonna give it a listen for fun.

Are you seriously saying that 'after months of auditioning, researching and questioning' (your words
emotion-1.gif
you have'nt even given this product a listen even though it sat next to the Rega's, Naim's etc.?

Its only a tiny amp ...

Seriously though, personally I'd say it better in almost* every aspect than any of the others. Subtle, loud, controlled, refined bla bla bla. Sounds less full than a Nait but at least you know whats going on and where plus it has very good dynamics/power. Closer to the mira but on steroids. *a little to controlled sometimes plus there is that typical class A pristine sound which some like and others don't. Have fun and let us know mate.

A

Anonymous

batonwielder:
Alright, last call for speaker suggestions!

I'm still torn between the Mira and the Nait. I need to get my mind off of it, somehow.

Rega R3 or R5, Mira3 and Apollo.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
garethwd:Whats the v1 like it's its going cheap at the mo?

It is also fantastic. HFC went goo goo over it (it won best in it's class) as did every other review (apart from this mag! Although Clare did say to me when I got mine off ebay for £480 that it would have got a better star rating at that price.). I've had mine for about 9 months now and I won't be changing it for many years.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
batonwielder:Oh man, you guys are stubborn!

You have to try the 840A. I have the version 1 and although I don't have any classical music in my collection, I just know it will sound great with that genre.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts