Almost there... advice on sub needed....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

After some long auditioning and making hard choices I am almost ready to buy my first real HT set, it will be a denon 1910 with the following speakers.

I auditioned them with the denon 1910 and was pleasantly surprised with the sound that came out of these speakers, some speakers that were a lot more expensive almost 3 to 4 times the price of the q acoustics sounded worse to me, so the choice wasnt that hard made.

But now the part I just cant seem to audition with all of the above is a subwoofer, after reading some reviews here and other sites the sub of Q acoustics just doesnt seem to have it. I am looking at the tannoy ts10 but what should I look at and what is important for a good subwoofer. I know that the lower the frequency the more expensive etc... some good advice is welcome on this, or should I stick to the q acoustics sub for the sound? (although I dont think a subwoofer has to be of the same line as speakers) looking at a price range of around the €300.

And will there be a big difference between the 1020i and 1010i as rears? And will it be an improvement to fill the stands with sand?

Sorry for the spelling am a poor dutch farmer
emotion-5.gif

Thank you for any help

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Welcome, my Dutch friend,

I had a similar 'conversation' on here the other day about the Q Acoustics sub. The 1000s had the bad reports, but the 1000si (i for improved!!) have had glowing reports. Please look at the page link below:

http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Q-Acoustics-1010i-51/

Obviously if you spend a lot more money on a sub, it might be better, but as you liked the Q Acoustics range so much (I don't blame you either), it might be an idea to stick with the sub too.

There will be a little difference between the 1020i and 1010i as rears...but the front three speakers are much more important, in my opinion, as most of the sound comes from there. (1050i - good choice!!!! My room is only 14'x12', so the 1030i were big enough) I used to have the 1010i at the front of my system on the same stands. Sand filling them 3/4 full made quite a difference, but remember I had them at the front, so it may not be much difference at the rear.

Hope that helps.......

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Forgot to say.......good choice in amp, but did you audition the Denon AVR2310?

It's even better with the Q Acoustics, if you can stretch to it........

Maybe if you saved some money on the sub and buy the Q Acoustics one, and only bought the 1010i as rears?

Just a thought.......................

A

Anonymous

Think if I can stretch it I might consider a ps3 slim
emotion-2.gif

As you already own a q woofer you think it gives enough bang for the buck? or if you had the oppertunity to buy a different one you would buy another?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts