All in one system with bluray

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been looking at the Panasonic sc bt 200 all in one system, the review sounds pretty good, but what about the bluray? how does it compare with the latest panasonic bluray machines? and would it be better to buy the bluray on its own rather than the complete system? i would like a new home cinema system as mine has not got inputs for hd sound.In the review it said it would be nice if it had got hdmi inputs, so what does that mean then? i am a bit green when it comes to inputs and outputs!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
What it means is, it doesn't have any HDMI inputs so you can't plug in another device, such as the PS3 or a DVD recorder, via HDMI and have the Panasonic unit route the video of these other sources through to your TV and play the sound through its own speakers.

In this regard, separate systems are usually more flexible - multiple inputs allow you to run all your video and audio connections from your sources into the AV amp and then have a single lead going into the TV. They also allow you to upgrade in stages e.g. you can upgrade just the Blu-Ray player, or just the speakers or just the AV receiver. With an all-in-one, if you want to improve it at all, you usually have to replace the whole lot in one go. This generally means you can get better performance for the money with separates as you can tailor each device for its strengths in what you are looking for.

Of course on the other hand, all-in-one systems are generally easier to set up and look neater as there aren't multitudes of cables required all over the place.

A

Anonymous

hi thanks for you kind quick reply, i have a sony all in one system at the moment but it as not got all the up to date fittings, so if i get a bluray i will be able use it for both hd picture and sound. but as a senior citizen cash does not go around like it used to! so an all in one would be just about all i could manage, but i like good sound and picture and i suppose you only get what you pay for!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yup, understood. Really, so long as you're not looking for much more than a Blu-Ray system, the Panasonic is a good system and, although it doesn't have any HDMI inputs, it does have two optical inputs which would allow you to connect in a say a Sky, Virgin or other TV type Freeview box into it. However, as you know from your existing Sony, if you need any more flexibility than this, you may find it lacking.

Juzzie Wuzzie

At the risk of complicating things further, could you run a BRP through your current system and enjoy the better picture on the tv, yet forgo the HD sound and stick with whatever sound your current set-up affords you - probably 5.1 surround?

A

Anonymous

hi, yes i have had £300 rebate from gas and electric, so i am thinking should i treat myself and go for a bluray player, a new surround system or even freesat! i am getting carried away here!! I could keep my sony 5.1 its not bad whatever you get you get used to it after awhile and want something better.! I dont buy many dvds so if i get BRP the only dvds i might buy would be for my grandkids and i dont think they would notice if the picture was good or bad! thanks for your tips it all helps
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Heres hoping i get my replacement tv back on saturday, went away for repair on 22 july part not ready till 14th aug! had words
emotion-12.gif
so sending me a new one
emotion-3.gif
that why i am getting all excited i thought they would give me a BRP as a gift for the stress they caused me!!!!
emotion-39.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts