All i want for xmas is my Panasonic BD30

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
At least, that's how long it seems i'm going to have to wait for my blu ray player to be delivered. Come on Panasonic - sort out your manufacture and distribution problems. Really frustrating having placed an order but having to wait and wait, not just for a delivery, but just for a glimmer of news as to when it may arrive.

A

Anonymous

Import one from the states and you will probably have it next week.:)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Bullseye"]Import one from the states and you will probably have it next week.:)[/quote]

Not, of course, that it'll play any of the BD or DVD titles you can buy in the shops here...

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
Well at least your player shouldn't be out of date by the time you do receive it, finger crossed.

I was the lucky sod who won the Sony Blu-Ray competition run on these forums back in December. It's been four months now and I'm still waiting for my Sony BDP-S300. Apparently it's all Sony's fault.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Fuzzy

Really? So sorry - I don't think we on the editorial team were aware of this. Was this the 'Win a BDP-S300' competition or the Pirates one? Can you drop us a mail with your contact details and I'll make sure the relevant person is aware of it.

I'm not in the office next week - press event in Dresden then the Munich High End Show - but I'll pass it on to Mr Web Supremo Clough to look into.

Again, serious apologies for this delay...

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Fuzzy

Really? So sorry - I don't think we on the editorial team were aware of this. Was this the 'Win a BDP-S300' competition or the Pirates one? Can you drop us a mail with your contact details and I'll make sure the relevant person is aware of it.

I'm not in the office next week - press event in Dresden then the Munich High End Show - but I'll pass it on to Mr Web Supremo Clough to look into.

Again, serious apologies for this delay...
[/quote]

I have e-mailed you Andrew. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Panasonic know they have a monopoly at the moment, but this doesn't help their cause, if customers are left in the lurch. The next profile 1.1 player out is the Samsung BD-P1500 and that's not until May! Then it's two months until the next batch of 'affordable' machines. I say affordable (£349) compared to machines by Pioneer, Denon and Marantz etc.! We got our DMP-BD30 from Panasonic Shop in Staines. After they had sold out, a new batch arrived, almost by surprise to everyone, so fingers crossed for a pleasant surprise! They notified us. I know it isn't much comfort, but it's worth the wait! Picture and sound quality is outstanding! We haven't got an HDMI capable amplifier, so it's Dolby Digital / DTS Surround via optical bitsream and PCM 5.1 via phonos for us. Both sound glorious. Also it's a pretty decent upscaler of standard DVDs (contrary to some reviews) and an even better CD player! Shame it's not multi region for standard DVD, but you can't have everything!

A

Anonymous

...and it helps that it plays .avi files too, something that I have just started to use a lot ;)

TRENDING THREADS