Painfully slow Pioneer Warranty repair !!!

Hello there,

At the end of last year I bought a SC LX58 AV amp to complete my home A/V system ( Panasonic 4K 55" TV, Mission front read and centre 77 range speakers , REL Acoustics sub, Rega Planar 3 turntable, Sony PS4) I started getting picture problems on the feed. I naturally swapped out the leads thinking they were faulty, but no. Long story short, I took the unit back to the retialer who sold it to me for a repair under the warranty. It's now been there for TWO whole months !! Does anyone else have experience of having to wait so long for a warranty claim ? Much longer and the unit will be superceded AGAIN ( latest version is the SC LX59). i bought it on the recommendation of this fine organ, but am very disappointed by the aftersales care. Every time I try to find out what is happening, I am fobbed off with the " we are waiting on a part" excuse, which is wearing a little thin by now ! They have had time to design, manufacture and distribute a part in the time for this one to not arrive !!

Just thought I'd have a little vent anyhow and find out if I'm alone out here left in the cold from Pioneer's "warranty repair team" !

BTW is there an award for best after sales service in A/V equipment ?

Chris

(currently listening on his TV's poor speakers...)

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Tried to reply WITH MY SCLX-78 PROBLEM but unfortunaterly classed as spam yet again... this site is getting worse dont know why i bother

Mods: You've now been added to the trusted group.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Chris Morgan said:
Hello there,

At the end of last year I bought a SC LX58 AV amp to complete my home A/V system ( Panasonic 4K 55" TV, Mission front read and centre 77 range speakers , REL Acoustics sub, Rega Planar 3 turntable, Sony PS4) I started getting picture problems on the feed. I naturally swapped out the leads thinking they were faulty, but no. Long story short, I took the unit back to the retialer who sold it to me for a repair under the warranty. It's now been there for TWO whole months !! Does anyone else have experience of having to wait so long for a warranty claim ? Much longer and the unit will be superceded AGAIN ( latest version is the SC LX59). i bought it on the recommendation of this fine organ, but am very disappointed by the aftersales care. Every time I try to find out what is happening, I am fobbed off with the " we are waiting on a part" excuse, which is wearing a little thin by now ! They have had time to design, manufacture and distribute a part in the time for this one to not arrive !!

Just thought I'd have a little vent anyhow and find out if I'm alone out here left in the cold from Pioneer's "warranty repair team" !

BTW is there an award for best after sales service in A/V equipment ?

Chris

(currently listening on his TV's poor speakers...)

Hi i purchased a Pioneer SC-LX78 in mid March 2015 from Sevenoaks Sound & Vision It lasted 3 hours after a firmware update (NOT IMPRESSED). Anyway i took it back & they replaced it with a new one. Good news or so i thought!!!

15 months later the new one i received decided to break down (no picture or sound - same problem as the original amp) at end of May 2016 so as an interim replacement i purchased a Pioneer VSX-930 (no roblems with this amp what so ever).

2 weeks later the SCLX-78 returned to Sevenoaks & failed their bench test (same problem) they informed me of the situation & sent it back to Pioneer & suggested to Pioneer that they do a longer test to make sure all was ok & to trace the fault....

Meanwhile i went on holiday at the end of June to Le Mans.. 2 weeks later i returned & picked my amp up from Sevenoaks on the way back from my holiday only to plug every thing in then turn on the power & guess what .. IT STILL did not work (same problem)even after Sevenoaks said i was ok after a long bench test.

Sevenoaks were really good & argued my case with Pioneer having asked for some kind of deal & i was offered a new SCLX-59 for £500, a SCLX-89 for £1200 (including a new 2 year warranty) or wait for my SCLX-78 to be repaired free of charge, which having sent it back yet again would be another 2 to 3 weeks wait as they had a backlog at their certified repairer (NOT RECOMMENDED) i was not prepaired for the wait or the hassle of having a dodgy amp returned to me yet again after 3 failures.

Anyway as my signature, you can see i opted for the SCLX-59.. although when working the SCLX-78 made my B&W speakers sound pretty good, the SCLX-59 has made them sing, i would say it's at least a 50% better amp on the performance side IMO than the LX-78 so better value (just hope it lasts longer)

Regards .. Paul

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
JUST LIKE I WAS ADDED LAST YEAR? DO YOU HAVE TO UPDATE IT ON A REGULAR BASIS THEN FOR THE SAME PERSON?

Note from mods: You're the first person who has needed this the second time.

Thank you for that, makes a change it's nice to be 1st at something lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts