ALAC to Blackberry Playbook.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
I got the lad a Playbook for Christmas, he has loads of his music on iTunes that he would like to transfer onto it but we're not sure if its possible.

When we connect the Playbook to the Mac i can go into the music folder drop music into it wont show in the library rendering it useless, any ideas?

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Have a look at this document.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/27267/Supported_Media_Types_on_BlackBerry_Tablets_(English).pdf

The supported audio formats are: AAC, M4A, MKA, MP3, WAV, WMA

There is an OS upgrade schedule for early 2013 (Blackberry 10) which may include ALAC support (or it may not)

You could pay for the Neutron Music PLayer app (£5) from the Blackberry App World which by all accounts is very good and supports the following formats including ALAC (according to the blurb):

MP1, MP2, MP3, OGG (Vorbis), FLAC, WMA, WMA Lossless (16-bit only), AC3, AAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, ALAC, APE (Monkey's Audio), WV (WavPack), MPC (MusePack), WAV, AU, AIFF, MPG/MPEG (audio only), AVI (audio only), Windows Media inclusive except DRM-protected, OPUS.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
MP3 ... that's what I do ... if your MP3 embedded artwork doesn't appear .. make sure you have a "folder.jpg" file in each music directory which is a jpeg of the specific album cover.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts