airport express

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi i am thinking off getting a airport express, to use with my system marantz pearl lite /cd6004/monitor audio bx 5,use mainly cds and denon fm tuner , but do use ipod through the cd player usb socket, how do i connect the airport express to my amp or is it connected to the cd player, and does the amp have a dac please help.

inbox4

Aug 27, 2007
Visit site
The airport express has a 'headphone' socket on it that can be used as an analogue or a digital out (optical).

If you're unable to use the digital out with a DAC, you can use a cable that has 3.5m jack to 2 stereo phono connections and connect it to your amp in the same way you would your CD player.

I've used it both ways and found it to be a great performer. Especially given its low price point.

A

Anonymous

I use my Apple TV2 as my music source (iTunes via AirPlay) but its the same principle...

Get yourself a small, cheap but well respected/reviewed DAC (FiiO D3 via Amazon) and a straight forward optical/to slink cable. Connect the DAC to your Airport Express with the to slink cable, plug in the DAC and connect that to your amp with an RCA to RCA cable and your sorted :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts