Airport Express

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, ive seen quite alot of people mentioning the airport express, seems like a pretty good addition, just a few questions if you don't mind!

1. I simply plug this thing in and plug it into the amp? Is that just a 3.5mm into the AE and a phono into the amp?

2. Im still deciding whether to buy a dacmagic or one of the firestone USB dacs.. if I get one, is it AE > DAC > Amp?

3. Most importantly, how is this thing set up? Can it just be added to the existing wireless network?

Appreciate the help.

Thanks.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
a l e x:1. I simply plug this thing in and plug it into the amp? Is that just a 3.5mm into the AE and a phono into the amp?

That's it.

a l e x:2. Im still deciding whether to buy a dacmagic or one of the firestone USB dacs.. if I get one, is it AE > DAC > Amp?

Yup, optical lead from AE to optical input on DAC, then DAC into amp via RCA phono.

a l e x:3. Most importantly, how is this thing set up? Can it just be added to the existing wireless network?

It should be that simple yes. There have been a few posts where problems getting this working have occurred, but I'm pretty sure that for the vast majority, it's just a case of getting it to either create a new wireless network or join your existing network if you have one (no issues with mine). Of course if you do get an issue, there's plenty of people here to help!

A

Anonymous

Sounds pretty simple then! Thanks very much for your help. Think im gonna order the Airport Express and DAC Magic tomorrow. What optical would I need?

Thanks.

EDIT: Just wondering, where do I plug the phono cabels into the back of my amp? Its a CA 640A, im using the Preout for my sub and also the MP3...

Cheers for the help!

John Duncan

I use a ten quid jobbie from Maplins, which came with the adapter to fit in the 3.5mm socket - works fine, though haven't tried anything more esoteric.

NB - Just in case you change your mind between now and tomorrow, I don't think an airport express will work with a USB DAC, so you need to stick with one that has an optical in (like the DACMagic, as opposed to the Firestone USB one).

As for input, use any line level one on your Cambridge (like Aux or Tner or AV, f'rinstance).

A

Anonymous

Ah right so something like this: http://images.maplin.co.uk/full/l67ba.jpg ? And an adaptor to convert it to a 3.5mm for the AE?

Yeh thought about the firestone DAC but decided the DAC magic would be the better option!

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts