Airport Express to DAC - optical cables - all the same?

BluePotato

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm working through how my system will be set up when completed. I plan to stream from the Mac to an airport express, into a DAC - amp - speaker. I believe that's the way to do it.

Specifically regarding the optical link from the Airport to the Dac - are all optical cables as good as each other or is this more like speaker cable and interconnects where careful consideration is required?

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
I've not compared, but I use a chip as chips £2 something 10 metre job I bought from eBay or Amazon. I didn't realise it was 10 metres long until it arrived. It's used to connect Airport Express to Arcam rDAC and the audio quality is excellent.

BluePotato said:
I'm working through how my system will be set up when completed. I plan to stream from the Mac to an airport express, into a DAC - amp - speaker. I believe that's the way to do it.

Specifically regarding the optical link from the Airport to the Dac - are all optical cables as good as each other or is this more like speaker cable and interconnects where careful consideration is required?

Hi BluePotato

I'll recommend using a basic fibre optic cable.

Fwiw, i use a fibre optic cable which i picked up from the local market for a £1 to transfer data from Yamaha's BD-S1900 Blu Ray player to a Chord Electronics DSP8000 AV processor.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts