Advise needed - Onkyo HT-R693 or Denon AVRX1200W

dalforce

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Everyone,

I am new to a home theatre setup and would like to seek some advise on which set of system to get for connection to my projector.

Option 1 - Onkyo HT-R693 with HTP-678 5.1.2 Channels (Sold as Onkyo HT-R7705) - Made in Malaysia
http://www.intl.onkyo.com/products/system_components/home_theater/ht-s7705/index.html

Option 2 - Denon AVR-X1200W with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS - Made in China
http://www.denonasia.com/ap/product/hometheater/avreceivers/avrx1200w

The salesguy recommended Onkyo as its is more powerful and comes with Dolby Atmos.
But I have read about Onkyo HDMI issues.

Any thoughts?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
dalforce said:
Hi! Everyone,

I am new to a home theatre setup and would like to seek some advise on which set of system to get for connection to my projector.

Option 1 - Onkyo HT-R693 with HTP-678 5.1.2 Channels (Sold as Onkyo HT-R7705) - Made in Malaysiahttp://www.intl.onkyo.com/products/system_components/home_theater/ht-s7705/index.html

Option 2 - Denon AVR-X1200W with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS - Made in Chinahttp://www.denonasia.com/ap/product/hometheater/avreceivers/avrx1200w

The salesguy recommended Onkyo as its is more powerful and comes with Dolby Atmos.But I have read about the issues of Onkyo HDMI issues.

Any thoughts?

i'm getting the 1200w next week. it has everything i need and is cheap! the denon has atmos and dts:x. and is powerful enough

dalforce

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi! nugget2014,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I am more inclined towards the Denon, just that I don't really like the SoundWare XS speakers in their bundle.
On the other hand, the Onkyo speakers are Atmos-enabled.

Any recommendations on alternative speakers for the Denon?

By the way, I am offered the same price of S$1099 for them.

Many thanks in advance!

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
dalforce said:
Hi! nugget2014,

Thanks for the quick reply.I am more inclined towards the Denon, just that I don't really like the SoundWare XS speakers in their bundle. On the other hand, the Onkyo speakers are Atmos-enabled.

Many thanks in advance!

what speakers are you able to choose from? if you tell me the ones available to you in the bundle? maybe they can slightly alter the bundle for you, how much would you be saving by buying it combined?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
dalforce said:
Hi! nugget2014,

Thanks for the quick reply.I am more inclined towards the Denon, just that I don't really like the SoundWare XS speakers in their bundle. On the other hand, the Onkyo speakers are Atmos-enabled.

Many thanks in advance!

also atmos speakers that fire upwards can be very poor. the cheap ones i have seen lots of people have had negative opinions/comments on them, the only real way to get atmos is more expensive upfiring speakers or in ceiling ones.

dalforce

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Guys,

Thanks for the many advices.

I have decided to go for the Denon with the Boston speakers as the savings are quite substantial.
Now I just have to look for a decent Bluray player to connect them up.

Thanks!!!

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
dalforce said:
Hi! Guys,

Thanks for the many advices.

I have decided to go for the Denon with the Boston speakers as the savings are quite substantial.Now I just have to look for a decent Bluray player to connect them up.

Thanks!!!

any plans to go 4k in the future?

dalforce

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi!

Not intending to go 4K so soon.
My projector only supports up to full HD.

My living room's TV does support 4K but I have no plans to connect it to a Bluray player.

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts