Advices from Experts required.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello Everybody

I am in a process of building my multimedia spot and I do need you advices.

I already have some ideas and I am not completely new in the area but I would really like your advice to understand if I am missing something and to learn from the best.

First thing my budget is not infinite...I would like to spend no more that 1700 quid

LED TV 40/42 (600 quid)

Ampli (250/300)

Speakers (250/300)

Wi-Fi external multimedia hard drive (250/300)

rest for DAC and Wi-Fi music receiver.

As I told you I am not an expert so I would really much appreciate your input and your advice...if you think that something is not necessary....if I am missing something absolutely important (floor stand?)

Think you are building your on system and let me know your ideas...

P.S. let me know if I should post this also in other, more related forums...thanks a lot

A

Anonymous

Hey Craig thanks so much for the advices....

Regarding the Hi-Fi definitely 2 channel, I was thinking to a NAD 326 BEE with a couple of Wharfedale 10.1 diamond (not sure if it is a good fit though)

Room is 7x4 meters, couch in the short side, so kinda 3.5 meters from HI-FI.

Music I listen to everything from Classical to psychedelic rock....something that works little bit better with classical would be sweet.

TV not a big problem I'll figure something out.

So basically I was thinking to use the multimedia wi-fi Hard-drive to backup my Mac and to send directly movie to the TV.

For the music I was thinking to send it via my Mac through the wi-fi receiver (airport express?) to the DAC and after to the HI-FI (not even sure if it is possible) { I could use my I-phone with the App REMOTE} I gave a brief look to the DAC wi-fi that you suggested..I still have to figure out how does it works.

Maybe I can bypass the wi-fi receiver using directly the multimedia hardrive? but how can I see the music to play....only on the TV screen?

Sorry I know I have big knowledge lack still...

Any advice or new better suggestion very welcomed...

Thanks again

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
ducciourbinati:Regarding the Hi-Fi definitely 2 channel, I was thinking to a NAD 326 BEE with a couple of Wharfedale 10.1 diamond (not sure if it is a good fit though)

Try the 10.1's against either the Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 or BX2 - a customer tried all three out in our store Saturday, and for me (and the customer) the MA's were a far better balanced and better detailed speaker than the 10.1's.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I would suggest the Marantz PM6003 amplifier with Dali Lektor 1 speakers as an option. As a pairing they are superb, lots of details, good bass and a huge sound. The remaining budget can be spent on a good pair of stands.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts