Advice!

evo6tme

Apr 17, 2008
Visit site
My Rega Saturn has given up the ghost(again) so i am going to put all my digital music on a laptop. I have an old laptop with a 1TB hard drive running windows 7 that i intend to use as a dedicated storage and streaming device and add a decent dac to convert the data via usb. I am stearing towards an Audiolab M-dac allough not made my mind up 100% yet.. Thought please? Also is there any decent software for managing digital files apossed to using windows. I also keep all my bought digital files in Amazon music on my pc . But i never use it apart from storage to send to my phone ( i will not be using iTunes) ... Thanks!!

evo6tme

Apr 17, 2008
Visit site
I aventually bought an Audiolab q-dac. As it comes with Foobar2000 on the usb drivers disc so i shal be using that. A quick search on the net sugests it is a cabable yet simple program. Now my biggest issue is what to rip my cd's to Wav,flack,lossless of something else. What would be the best,and why? Thanks!

D

Deleted member 108165

Foobar is a great program, I use it as my audio player. For ripping I use EAC as it reports less faults than Foobar. As storage is cheap these days I rip to wav as a master file and then convert to flac with Foobar for main hi-fi use, or 320 mp3 for mobile devices.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts