Advice: Speaker pairing for Fatman iTube

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

The Monitor Audio RS1 has 90 dB Sensitivity. The Roth's has 88 dB. So, the roth's are the best speakers despite this?

A

Anonymous

the fatman works fine at both these sensitivies.

It's only a hybrid amp so it will cope with most speakers really well.

It also works very well with sensitive floorstanders.

it's only small so take it to your dealer and demo demo demo demo..

A

Anonymous

OK, thanx

The Monitor Audio speakers has 6 Ohm. Is this a problem with the Itube?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I wanted to suggest to the OP Rega R3's but was mostly absent on the forum at that time. They match superb with the iTube and are more efficient than the R1's. Can't comment on the latest series.

A

Anonymous

adrien6:

OK, thanx

The Monitor Audio speakers has 6 Ohm. Is this a problem with the Itube?

no 6 0hms is fine .....I ran mine on some MA Br2's for ages they sounded great.

Also the R3's are also a good call from drummersman as would be the Neo 3's.

A

Anonymous

ok .....what sort of music do you listen to the most....?

A

Anonymous

So, I have an opportunity to buy the monitor audio RS1 for the same price as the Roth Oli 2 (~100£). Do I have to rush 'cause I see that the M/A RS1 ususally costs much more expensive!

A

Anonymous

. I usually listen contemporary electronic music (autechre, four tet, flying lotus), jazz (John Zorn, E.S.T.), folk (Joanna Newsom, Bill Callahan), rock (Sonic Youth, Chain & the Gang). So , it's a quite varied!

A

Anonymous

The Rs1 is a great speaker and would cover your music taste very well.

I really like the Roth's for electronic music........in my opinion both are great speakers for the Fatman. and sounds like a great deal on the RS1's.

The Roth's have less bass if that helps at all.

A

Anonymous

The offer for the RS1 was for a single speaker : /

I think I'll take the Roth's.

Thanks for helping me

IamFari

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi i have just purchased fatman carbon 2 im thinking of buying glow audio voice one speakers and was wondering what speaker cable to buy any ideas?

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
d_a_n1979 said:
PHistory:
Having e-mailed the tech-support people at Fatman, they write:

"The iTube is 25w into 4ohms and 13w into 8ohms."

which means that it's a little bit less powerful than I expected, though I'm still excited at the possibility of getting to hear them. Dan, would you still advise I try the Arcaydis DM1s? Their website (http://www.arcaydis.com/dm1_59.html) claims that they're compatible with amps between 20w and 80w per channel, which is more than the iTube. (Although might that be a conservative estimate?)

Thanks again everyone! =)

I really do think the Arcaydis DM1's would be absolutley bob on for the Fatman; just they seem to be on hold currently due to demand
emotion-6.gif

If not those I'd still recommend the Dali Lektor 2's.

I dont think the B&W 685's would be advisable as they just wouldnt be doing their job correctly!

As much as I hate to turn business away, DM1 would not be my first choice for an amp rated at just 13 watts into 8 ohms. Sure, it will work but I think you need a loudspeaker with more sensitivity to allow the amp more headroom. You really need 90-92dB sensitivity.

Sorry, but I'm gonna be upfront with this.

Richard Allen said:
d_a_n1979 said:
PHistory:
Having e-mailed the tech-support people at Fatman, they write:

"The iTube is 25w into 4ohms and 13w into 8ohms."

which means that it's a little bit less powerful than I expected, though I'm still excited at the possibility of getting to hear them. Dan, would you still advise I try the Arcaydis DM1s? Their website (http://www.arcaydis.com/dm1_59.html) claims that they're compatible with amps between 20w and 80w per channel, which is more than the iTube. (Although might that be a conservative estimate?)

Thanks again everyone! =)

I really do think the Arcaydis DM1's would be absolutley bob on for the Fatman; just they seem to be on hold currently due to demand
emotion-6.gif

If not those I'd still recommend the Dali Lektor 2's.

I dont think the B&W 685's would be advisable as they just wouldnt be doing their job correctly!

As much as I hate to turn business away, DM1 would not be my first choice for an amp rated at just 13 watts into 8 ohms. Sure, it will work but I think you need a loudspeaker with more sensitivity to allow the amp more headroom. You really need 90-92dB sensitivity.

Sorry, but I'm gonna be upfront with this.

A bit late in the day for that Richard. :)

The question in this, recently revived thread, was about speaker cables.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Al ears said:
A bit late in the day for that Richard. :)

The question in this, recently revived thread, was about speaker cables.

Not really Al. DM1 goes back live in a couple of weeks time and people need to know these things.

IamFari

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks are the speakers glow audio a good choice ive never heard them they just look very nice and i read some reviews saying they sounded bettet than anthony gallo nucleous micro's this is the type of speaker i want.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts