Visit site
Hi,

I am constructing a new new home cinema system and need your kind advice

40" w4000 sony
Sony PS3
Sony DA5300 amp
SKY HD
Speakers froma pioneer dsc360 system

I already have chord silver hdmi as recommended by the magazine and will be using qed silver anniversary speaker cable.

My question is with Clearer Audio Copper-Line Mains leads

Do i need them?
Would i use one on tv,amp,ps3 and sky hd?
Or is there a better option (monster etc?) where i plug all my electronics into?

thank you in advance

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Effective though the Clearer Audio leads are, to be honest at this stage you'd be better spending the money on better speakers.

The Pioneers are fine as part of the budget home cinema system they served, but they're no match for the rest of the upgrade system you're building.

That's a £1300 AV amp you're proposing - that can (and should) drive speakers costing at least around the same (or much more if you're opting for 'style' designs). It's also a 2007 Sony design - improved-spec models due very shortly.

The same amount of cash could by you a great lower-level HD receiver and some corking speakers - that'd make a better-balanced system with your PS3.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for you advice. It does seem that at this stage my pioneer speakers are the weak point of the system. I have the sony w4000/ps3 and da5300 amp already.

Would Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 compliment the system better as at this point funds are low to improve my system more.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Great budget choice: they'd be a big step up from the Pioneers (for movies and music), and if/when funds allow you can upgrade bit by bit (ie add new front and centre speakers then rears etc).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts