Advice: Q3020 + Internet Receiver

Hi guys,

First post, hope you can give me some advice.

At the moment I am using 2x Sonos1, but I am not too happy with them. Good sound for the price, but not a big fan of the Sonos App.

I am looking for some small, but good speakers, not too expensive. Found the Q Acoustics 3020, they're looking very nice, and, according to the reviews a great price/quality.

I also need a new receiver: I really want Spotify and Internetradio. In my search I didn't find that many stereo (pref. 2.1) receivers, with Ethernet connection, but there is one which fit my need. The Yamaha R-N500. Reading this forum I don't see many people cheering about this receiver though, so I want to find out: In combination with the above speakers, would you guys advice this set-up.

Or did I miss a great speake-receiver combo with the spec's I want (not that much, only Spotify and remote via an app, and of course nice sound ;)) Budget-wise, max. 900-1000...

Love to hear your opinions!

Robert

matthewpiano

Another option would be the Onkyo TX-8150, which has everything you are looking for.

For speakers I would suggest one of the following:

Q Acoustics 3020 (which you have already mentioned)

Dali Zensor 1

Tannoy Mercury 7.1

Monitor Audio Bronze 1

All good, small speakers that would work nicely with either the Onkyo or the Yamaha. I don't think you will go far wrong here.

TomSawyer

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
For your budget and requirement, I would try a Marantz MCR611 and Q Accoustic Concept 20 speakers. A very versatile and sonically competent combination in my opinion. Note I say try, not buy. You need to check that you agree with me before you part with any money.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Is an outgoing product, and in the UK at least, available at a very reasonabe price. It is missing the Multicast (multiroom) facilities of the newer models but is otherwise extremely compedent.

The Concept 20s are a very worthwhile upgrade if the budget allows but only if you use good stands and are able to position them correctly. The standard 3020s are a bit more 'forgiving'.

Network stereo receivers are still relatively rare, the latest Yamahas are very flexible indeed as indeed is the Onkyo, check the functionality carefully as they all do things slightly differently.

TRENDING THREADS