Advice please. Re: project essential cart upgrade

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

robertzombie

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Pro-Ject Essential and I'm wondering about upgrading the stylus, or selling the Essential and upgrading to a Debut Carbon. What do you guys think? Should I replace the OM 5E stylus for an OM 20 or 30, or should I sell the Essential and upgrade the whole turntable?

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
In the past I had a Debut 2, and then a Debut 3 - I would say the Carbon outshines both of those.

On my Debut 3 I upgraded the stylus to a 10 and noticed such an improvement in detail. The 20 would give more - but some here have said it would be a waste on that deck.

Now I have a Project Carbon Esprite SB with a 2M Red - and just love the sound - it took the Red a little while to settle in - and now sings so well.

I must say a big thanks to Laurence at Henley Designs who has had many emails from me, and responded quickly - and he has helped me a great deal with any issues I've had,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts