Advice on whether to go for AV receiver or home cinema in a box.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am looking to buy the Sony KDL-40W3000. My issue is what to match it up with. I was thinking of getting the Playstation 3 in order to utilise the Blue Ray player. I thought that given the HD/ Blu Ray war is just hotting up and i can at least have a games console at the end of it even if Blu Ray loses. Is this valid? I don't really want to throw £600+ at one! My next dilema is do i go for the home cinema in a box SONY DAV-IS10 or go for the Onkyo TX-SR605 (furture proof?) and get a cheap DVD player (any suggestions) and a reasonable style speaker package up to £800. It is only for front room not a big open plan space. Any help appreciated -Thanks

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
If you got the PS3, you wouldn't need the cheap DVD player as the PS3 is a decent upscaling DVD player.

I'd get the Onkyo 605 and a decent speaker package with the PS3.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the swift response , looks like the PS3 is the way to go - as far as speakers are concerned - what do people think of the Acoustic Energy Aego T 's. Saw some ex displays for £499 which sems reasonable (posted on the deal blog) - thks

A

Anonymous

Hi

Looking for some further advice anyone able to help me?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts