Advice on rears to go with Proac D18 for 5.1 Music

Glad

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I need to buy some rear speakers to go with my fronts that consist of Proac D18's and a Proac CC2. Even though they will be used for films I would prefer directional because I intend using them for 5.1 music in a 4m x 6m room. My constrains are:

1/ £400-600 budget

2/ Need to be placed into the rear corners and probably either fixed to the wall or on shelves (this due to them needing to be placed slightly above head height from what I can gather - ruling out stands, and due to layout restrictions - need to be place close to the wall because of a door opening)

I know that using proacs would be best and I'd look to buy used, any suggestions as to which models would work best? Any other speakers that you think I could consider with similar voicing, new or used?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

TitusG

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Neat iotas will work well close to walls and on brackets.
I wouldn't say that they have similar voicing to proacs (I have tablette 2000s) but for rears it shouldn't matter too much.

Glad

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try and give the Neat's a listen. I excluded stands but thinking on it a 1m stand with a speaker on top would probably be a decent enough height to use. Don't know how stable a 1m stand might be though?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS