Advice on new system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I used to be quite up with hi-fi but then came along a couple of kids so I've been out of the loop for quite a few years and I am finding it difficult to select an appopriate system.

I basically need a system with the below requirments to go into a dining room which is about 6m by 3m.

- CD Player, DAB radio and iPOD interface to connect to two sets of ceiling speakers, first set in dining room, second set in kitchen. There will be a 26" TV on the wall so it would be good to also play the output through the ceiling speakers. It ideally needs to be easy to use for the wife and kids.

Total budget £1000 - to include everything.

Any ideas? Thanks.

John Duncan

I think all these would be served well by a PC running Media Centre or iTunes with a TV card and a half decent 300/400 quid amp. Does that sound like something worth pursuing or are you averse?

A

Anonymous

Prefer not to use a PC as I am sure that this will add to the complexity and I need to keep this simple.

A

Anonymous

All you need is an amplifier with two speaker outputs on the rear and then speakers which are a suitable impedence. Pretty big variety of those! Rotel RA-04 would be good? Marantz PM6002 with matching CD players. Or even a Cambridge Audio system. Plenty of options! As for ceiling speakers, I can't help - never dealt with them! Somebody else will have though...give them a little time!....

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
... any time now ... Thaiman will suggest the Focal.Jmlab Grande Utopia BE in ceiling speakers, especially designed for the small living room or kitchen ...

... unfortunately, I have'nt heard them so can't comment
emotion-11.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="chalkywhite"] - CD Player, DAB radio and iPOD interface to connect to two sets of ceiling speakers[/quote]

Sounds like a Solo (arcam) but I'm not sure if it has speaker connections for a second pair. Heard it once a long time ago through B&W CM1 and it sounded ok.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="drummerman"]Sounds like a Solo (arcam) but I'm not sure if it has speaker connections for a second pair[/quote]

... it has'nt. I can't think of an all-in-one easy use system with of your specification. Perhaps one of the reviewers/editors can help.

A

Anonymous

Yep, I have been doing some more reading and I am now considering the below...

Marantz CD 6002
Marantz PM 6002 Amp
Marantz ST 7001 Tuner
Marantz IS201 docking station

Qed Silver Anniversary speaker cable
B&W CCM 50 ceiling speakers

Will probably be over my £1000 budget but I assume that I will be able to get a deal for buying all the components from one supplier.

I would be interested to know if anyone has experienced the B&W CCM 50 ceiling speakers but may be I should post another item for this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts