Advice on my proposed $2000 Hifi system

mandobaron

Mar 29, 2023
Visit site
Hi All, I've got $2000 to spend on a new modern hifi system, including headphones! Here's what I'm thinking at this point:

Turntable is a Fluance RT-82 (Ortofon OM10), not planning on upgrading that (yet).

Integrated Amp: Emotiva BasX TA1 Amp/Receiver - $600

Speakers: Emotiva B2+ Speakers - $500

Headphone Amp: Fiio K7 Headphone Amp - $200

Headphones: Hifiman Edition XS Headphones - $400

Streamer: Wiim Pro Streamer - $150

Speaker Stands: (Undecided): $50

Cables:
Micca 14 Gauge Pure Copper Speaker Wire, 12 Feet 2 Pack - $40
Amazon Basics RCA (x2) Cables - $20 total

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My questions:

1) I realize taste is a big factor here, but anything in that list seem really out of line or a really poor choice?

2) How should I attach the Wii Pro to the integrated amp? Aux? Coax? SPDIF?

3) Am I missing anything important?

My big challenge is my listening space, but I'll have to figure that out as I go and I think of that as a separate part of the equation.

Thanks!
Baron

clanking

Feb 6, 2023
Visit site
With regards to the Wiim, coax can support higher sample rates than optical. Whether you'll notice any difference is a different matter as optical goes pretty high anyway.

jetblack9090

Nov 18, 2022
Visit site
No it seems pretty legit I guess apart from why get a headphone amplifier when what's built in will probably do the hifiman justice. I personally would take that $200 and either upgrade the turntable, while flu ance is a decent brand there are better sounding tables out there trust me, or I would take it and get a higher end set of headphones, maybe like some audysey LCD2C or meze 109 pro.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Hi All, I've got $2000 to spend on a new modern hifi system, including headphones! Here's what I'm thinking at this point:

Turntable is a Fluance RT-82 (Ortofon OM10), not planning on upgrading that (yet).

Integrated Amp: Emotiva BasX TA1 Amp/Receiver - $600

Speakers: Emotiva B2+ Speakers - $500

Headphone Amp: Fiio K7 Headphone Amp - $200

Headphones: Hifiman Edition XS Headphones - $400

Streamer: Wiim Pro Streamer - $150

Speaker Stands: (Undecided): $50

Cables:
Micca 14 Gauge Pure Copper Speaker Wire, 12 Feet 2 Pack - $40
Amazon Basics RCA (x2) Cables - $20 total

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My questions:

1) I realize taste is a big factor here, but anything in that list seem really out of line or a really poor choice?

2) How should I attach the Wii Pro to the integrated amp? Aux? Coax? SPDIF?

3) Am I missing anything important?

My big challenge is my listening space, but I'll have to figure that out as I go and I think of that as a separate part of the equation.

Thanks!
Baron
Excellent choice, my suggestion
The £549 Triangle Borea BR03 Bookshelf Speakers are great all-around speakers to start with.
Eversolo Streamer DAC DMP A6 £699
HiFiMAN Edition XS £400

Cambridge Audio AXA25-25 Watt £249 (forget FiiO this baby has a headphone socket)​

And rest of the change, cable and stands of your choice.

Reactions: matthewpianist

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Excellent choice, my suggestion
The £549 Triangle Borea BR03 Bookshelf Speakers are great all-around speakers to start with.
Eversolo Streamer DAC DMP A6 £699
HiFiMAN Edition XS £400

Cambridge Audio AXA25-25 Watt £249 (forget FiiO this baby has a headphone socket)​

And rest of the change, cable and stands of your choice.
Ps. Amazon has reduced the Borea price to £349.
You can add the Headphone Amp: Fiio K7 Headphone Amp - $200 or get a better integrated amp with headphone socket 😉

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts