Advice on Kef KHT1005.2 Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am in the process of hooking a amp and speaker system to my Sony PS3 and 1080p tv.

After looking through the mag and getting help on a system i thought a Yamaha 763 or similar amp(Denon 1909, Onkyo 606 or Sony Strda 2400) would be fine along with the Kef 1005.2 speakers.

I found a package from Sevenoaks for the amp with the speakers and a Onkyo dvd player thrown in all for £699. Problem is after to speaking to Sevenoaks they said the speakers were not up to scratch and my starting budget for the speakers alone should be £699.

In an ideal world it would be great to be able to spend this amount on the speakers alone but probably along with many others i on a budget that does not enable me to spend such amount.

Can anyone offer any advice about these speakers or a suitable replacement that is within my price bracket (£800 max for everything)

ps - which of the amps would be peoples prefered choice also

Thanks for any advice

Steve

LEET1973

Oct 4, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Just had a quick look at the seven oakes web site and they have the Kef 2005.3 for £450 in silver or £550 in black.

You could take this offer to your local Richer Sounds and get them to price match it and while they are at it, throw in a Yamaha 763 which they are currently listing at £290.

If you can cope with the silver speakers, thats under your budget but the black would be slightly above.

Can recomend the Kef 2005.3's if thats the way you want to go.

I paired mine with the Onkyo 606 and would give them both the thumbs up.

Lee.

TRENDING THREADS