Advice on in-ceiling speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I have been looking for a while to upgrade my sound in my surgery as spend hours of listening music in there and decided that in-ceiling speakers could be an option compared to conventional speakers on wall-stands.

Has anyone heard any as quite difficult to audition ..I have auditioned only the bose 191 and found them ok.. but there are plenty of choices froms brands like monitor audio , kef, systemline by QED(quite interested in these due to price) but haven't the chance to audition..

Any comments-advice would be extremely helpful

thanks in advance

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi Nikolaosl,

I bought some Monitor Audio C280's and they sound very good. Just remember any ceiling speaker doesn't have a cabinet so they are not going to have quite as much bass as a normal speaker. You can help this by filling the ceiling void either side of the speaker about 1 metre with insulation. I do now get a good bass after doing this.

I purchased mine from ceiling-speakers.co.uk they have a large choice and are very helpful if you give them a call. Delivery was also very fast.

One thing to remember is to check the depth/amount of space above your ceiling to check that the chosen speaker will fit in.

I did this in my kitchen and the wife is very happy with the results (always a good thing) I did not have anywhere where a conventional speaker would fit. I did have the same problem that no one had any in stock and had to buy blind on recomendation from the store.

Good luck with your search.

A

Anonymous

Hi Andy H

I'm also considering the C280s. Do you have these in a 5.1 set-up? If so, do they provide decent surround sound? I know that the tweeters are adjustable but I'm particularly concerned about the centre channel sounding odd, coming from the ceiling rather than the TV.

Regards,

TRENDING THREADS