advice on home cinema system and choice of subwoofer

Li

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
greetings,

I m new here. I wish to buy a hc sysmtem, but wonder if my choice + speakers is consistent and hesitate on the choice of subwoofer.

I intend to buy:
Bluray: Marantz UD7007 SchwarzAmplif: Yamaha RX-A2040 Speakers Monitor Audio set:Silver 8 floorstanding Silver Centre,2X Silver FX surroundSilver W12 subwoofer
does the subw w12 makes a real difference vs wbrx w10?

thanks a lot in advance

Li

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
thanks both, much appreciated.

I have heard a lot about SVS, but it seems like not available in Switzerland. I searched all the online shops, nothing there!

btw, I still have some doubts about the bluray and amplif. Donyou think they would fit in the system?

thanks for your insights!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Li said:
I have heard a lot about SVS, but it seems like not available in Switzerland. I searched all the online shops, nothing there!
There may only be one "European" supplier - sorry, but I'm not doing their promotional work for them (personal reasons) - go to SVS.com and you'll be able to find your supplier for your area.

Li said:
thanks both, much appreciated.

btw, I still have some doubts about the bluray and amplif. Donyou think they would fit in the system?

thanks for your insights!

1) They are European suppliers for SVS subwoofers.

2) According to AV forums reviews (and my experience), blu ray picture quality is identical amongst all players, as long as the player isn't artificially processing the picture. You pay for superior build quality, features and DVD performance. Marantz blu ray players are well made and you will be happy with the 7007. I personally trust Oppo, Panasonic and Sony for blu ray players because they regularly provide firmware updates (crucial to ensure future disc playability). I've heard problems over the years with other manufacturers on this regard.

3) Yamaha partners very well with Monitor Audio speakers. I had a Yamaha AV receiver with Monitor Audio Radius HD speakers in my previous house.

Li

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a lot, I think I will go for a sony Ericsson then.
regular_smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts