Advice on first AV receiver and Speakers

leonidas88

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I want to purchase a Budget Receiver with decent speakers, either good stereo or decent surround. Im hooking it up on my LG 42 inch full hd 3d tv and my ps4/ps3/xbox one. Also is it possible to hook up my pc to the system ? Standby Passthru option would be nice

Ive Checked some out myself, which ones match with each other ? and maybe some advice on other options.

My budget is 350-500 euro in total.

Options:

Yamaha RX V-375 / 377 / 475

Denon AVR S500BT (the new one), X1000, X2000

Sony STR DH500

Speakers:

Q Acoustics 2010i pair

Warfedale 10.1 pair

with kind regards,

Leonidas

from the Netherlands

Peter Kudelstaart

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
It's very hard to give you advice because of your budget. As for the speakers: I have used Wharfedale speakers ever since I was a teenager. In my opinion you can't go wrong with this brand. The Diamond 10.1's are very well respected. In Holland (I'm dutch too) you can get a pair for about 240 euro's. The Q acoustics are cheaper but do not exude the build quality of the Diamonds. When you choose the Diamonds you have up to 400 euro's left for the receiver. For that kind of money you have a lot of receivers to chose from. I think that almost every av-receiver on this kind of budget has the pass-through function that you want. You have named quite al lot of different brands of receiver. I would advise you to go on the internet and get an idea of the characteristics of the types you mentioned an how they would match with the Wharfedales and/or the Q-acoustics. Try to narrow your choice to 2 or 3 types and try to set up an audition in a hifi-shop. Of course I am willing to think along with you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts