Advice on CD player through Home Cinema Amp Please!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, just new to this forum and looking for a few opinions/advice.

I currently run my Marantz CD17KI through a Creek pre amp and 2 Rotel RB971 power amps (I know they're a tad old!).

I am wanting to get rid of a few boxes so was going to combine with my Home cinema set up.

I was wondering what you guys think about runing the CD17KI through my Denon 4306 receiver?

It'll take medays to reroute and wire back up and test listen so was hoping you could offer advice on sound quality.

My Hi-Fi amps are 10 years old so maybe the modern technology of the Denon 4306 has caught up and passed them!!

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks,

Darren.

A

Anonymous

I'm not familiar with the Rotel so cant comment on how the 4306 compares to a stereo-only amp. I cant see you improving the sound on what you have now but it will certainly be a tidier arrangement. Either way, stick to the analogue inputs on the 4306 as the CD players' DACS will surely be better than the amps. I have a Cambridge Audio 740C connected to my 4306 and it sounds great though not so much if you use an optical connection and let the amp do the decoding.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Without ever heard the denon before I am still very confidence that the Creek/Rotel set up would sound better with music.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your help guys. I didn't think about using the anologues-was gonna use the digital!

Sounds like it's worth a go though and see if it's worth it just to tidy things up if the quality isn't affected too much.

Thanks again,

Darren.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts