Advice on buying a digital sound meter please

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

Just after some advice on buying a digital sound meter to replace my rather unreliable anologue meter i bought last year that i'm simply not happy with as no matter what i do (using a tripod etc) i can't get an accurate reading as the needle fluctuates too much making it more about guessing the average than getting an accurate reading.

I understand that i need one with slow response and c weighting and my budget is about £50 ish so i'm just wandering what i should buy as when i searched over the last few days the ammount available has been much more than i expected so i'm a bit lost as to what the best one is to buy and whether or not i should increase my budget to perhaps get a better meter?

The only stumbling block is that i'm loathed to spend alot more due to how much use it would get...once i've set the levels i doubt it will get much use after that hense the £50 budget.

It's all got a bit confusing for me so i'm here to ask for your help yet again and any contribution will be greatfully received!

Best regards

Oldboy

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you considered this one? It has £20 off so should do the job. I bought this one, as like you, it's been out of the "man drawer" in the kitchen once since then.

They do make a difference though. For me, it was with the sub as I find it hard to judge bass.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Lee H said:
Have you considered this one? It has £20 off so should do the job. I bought this one, as like you, it's been out of the "man drawer" in the kitchen once since then.

They do make a difference though. For me, it was with the sub as I find it hard to judge bass.

Many thanks Lee H! Yes it was the one at the top of the list as it happens buy was more expensive at Amazon (£55 if i remember) and i think it's what i'm going to get as just don't see the point in spending any more than that for a product i will use once or twice.

Many thanks for the link and for saving me some money much appreciated...off now to purchase one
smiley-cool.gif

Regards

Oldboy

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Lee H said:

I was lucky enough to buy the maplins one in a sale for 20 quid

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts