Advice on adding Internet radio to my old HiFi

scotterdavid

Jul 7, 2022
Visit site
Hello, I have an old HiFi system -- a Cyrus amp and Dynaudio sepakers -- they are mid 1990s vintage but still going strong. I would like to add Internet radio to the system; I only have an old FM tuner. Internet tuners appear to be few and far between. The ones I've seen on Amazon seem to be reletivley low quality or so it seems. These days, is the way forward to add a Bluetooth receiver and then stream from a phone or a laptop? Actually, I'm not really in to streaming, Spotify for example, however might go that way in the future. My key interest is being to listen to Internet radio. Any advice would be apprecaited please. For example, it is worth spending on the streamer from Audioengine?

Gray

Bluetooth (such as the ifi Zen Blue) might be an option for you, since most internet radio is below CD quality.
If you get a streamer, you need to know it will actually receive your preferred stations.

If you state the model (and price) of the Audioengine you mention, you might get some advice on similar / better alternatives.

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Bluetooth (such as the ifi Zen Blue) might be an option for you, since most internet radio is below CD quality.
If you get a streamer, you need to know it will actually receive your preferred stations.

If you state the model (and price) of the Audioengine you mention, you might get some advice on similar / better alternatives.
I use Tunein via Sonos to listen through my hi-fi. My set up is 9 years old but a Sonos Connect is plugged into back of amp with a Sonos Bridge connected into the router. I use the Sonos app
Hello, I have an old HiFi system -- a Cyrus amp and Dynaudio sepakers -- they are mid 1990s vintage but still going strong. I would like to add Internet radio to the system; I only have an old FM tuner. Internet tuners appear to be few and far between. The ones I've seen on Amazon seem to be reletivley low quality or so it seems. These days, is the way forward to add a Bluetooth receiver and then stream from a phone or a laptop? Actually, I'm not really in to streaming, Spotify for example, however might go that way in the future. My key interest is being to listen to Internet radio. Any advice would be apprecaited please. For example, it is worth spending on the streamer from Audioengine?
I have gone Sonos with a Connect plugged into back of amp. I have a Bridge (now called Boost) connected into router. Via the Sonos app I select the radio station on Tunein. Currently I am listening to Caroline Flashback.

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
I use Tunein via Sonos to listen through my hi-fi. My set up is 9 years old but a Sonos Connect is plugged into back of amp with a Sonos Bridge connected into the router. I use the Sonos app
I have gone Sonos with a Connect plugged into back of amp. I have a Bridge (now called Boost) connected into router. Via the Sonos app I select the radio station on Tunein. Currently I am listening to Caroline Flashback.
The Bridge or Boost are not required as a wireless connection can now be made without them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts