advice needed urgently on buying lg 60inch px990

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all i have the opportunity to buy the lg60px990 plasma with 3d bluray player and glasses .it is all supposed to be boxed and unopened . i bid on this earlier today and was outbid but the winning bidder pulled out for some reason so i have the opportunity to buy it for £1050 which seems a bargain to me what do you i have until tomorrow to decide so any replies asap would be much appreciated regards Garry

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Assuming this is on eBay:

Does the seller have good feedback? Are they offering a returns option? Are they providing a full warranty with the set?Is it a truly new set? (Not a 'second' - ie sub-standard one)

I'd want a firm yes to all the above, PLUS pay with my credit card for added peace of mind in case you had issues....

But I must say, that seems a mighty low price for a set retailing for @£2K new.
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare thanks for the advice seller has 100% feedback the only thing i am a bit concerned about is he is advertising for his uncle who he says has a retail shop but is on hols for another 10 days so wont be able to send until then payment is requested by paypal do i not have any protection using this payment method thanks again Garry

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Is he flogging his Uncle's stock while he's on hols? It's not sounding encouraging.... Reckon the winning bidder pulled out when he realised the caveats involved.

A

Anonymous

I agree with clare, if its too good to be true.........

The 50PX990 is selling all day everyday for 1000.00, so for him to offer a 60" and player for 50 more seems a bit weird.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice all does sound to good to be true thinking about it could be a costly mistake if all turns out to be a scam of some kind so maybe not worth taking the risk

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
garrynic:...he is advertising for his uncle who he says has a retail shop but is on hols for another 10 days so wont be able to send until then payment is requested by paypal do i not have any protection using this payment method thanks again Garry
garrynic:Thanks for the advice all does sound to good to be true thinking about it could be a costly mistake if all turns out to be a scam of some kind so maybe not worth taking the risk
You do have protection via Paypal (and can use your credit card to pay via paypal) but I still would be very wary of this. He's basically asking you to pay now and the item will be shipped 10 days after payment has been made. That's enough time for him to transfer the money out of paypal and be off before you should have received the goods and can make a complaint to ebay/paypal/credit card fraud officers. That in itself makes the deal seem dodgy beyond any other info of the transaction.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts