Advice Needed (Speaker Cables & Interconnects)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello there!

I am looking to upgrade my system, in particular the speaker cables and the interconnects. Please do suggest some for me to get! I would need 2 sets of interconnects (since i have a power amp as well). I listen to mostly jazz music and a little RnB. I would like clear vocals and nice crisp bass.

Currently my set up is :

Speakers : B&W 602 Series 3

Amplifier : Arcam A85

Power Amp : Arcam P90

CD player : Arcam CD72

Speaker Cables : QED Silver Anniversary biwired

Interconnects : Some cheap QED stuff

Also, please do comment, if you think it is not worth to upgrade the speaker cables. And do let me know what you think about biwiring or just using normal cables. Thanks in advance!!!

Matt

A

Anonymous

If you contact Rick from Musicraft he'll sort you out with some good thick copper speaker cable, as for interconnects just use the cheapest you can find as there won't be any difference using more expensive ones.

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
You should visit your nearest/local hifi store and ask if you can try some cables, because what works in one system might not work in another.

I've always been happy with Chord and Atlas cables and still use them in my system.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
dracorealms said:
Also, please do comment, if you think it is not worth to upgrade the speaker cables. And do let me know what you think about biwiring or just using normal cables. Thanks in advance!!!

+1 for Max's advice. If you have a cable that really changes the sound somehow, then something is wrong.

I would not recommend trying to use cables as tone controls at all, rather use the controls on the amp or get an equaliser.

I would imagine that your system sounds rather good as it is, but perhaps use the integrated amp to power the tweeters and the power amp to run the mid/bass drivers, in a bi-amp configuration.

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
IMHO cables and interconnects make very small if any difference to sound quality. Audition and then decide if you need to hear this for yourself. Save the money and buy some better speakers or lots of new music.

TRENDING THREADS