ADVICE NEEDED/CAN CASCA HELP,YOU HAVE IDENTICAL GEAR

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,is it okay to use the analogue outputs on the sharp bd-hp20 connected to a yamaha dsp-e800 and Arcam alpha 9 amp?I need to know before rigging it up later.Help much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Hi there!
yes, it sounds great! That's what I've done. I play the BD sound out as PCM via the 5.1 inputs and it's terrific. Obviously you can't apply any soundfields but it's certainly an improvement over the optical out!
Enjoy
C

A

Anonymous

Thanks cas,connected it up as you say and watched deja vu the other night,sounded great,but had to turn up the sub higher than usual,have you noticed this or is it just me?Also,there is a firmware update available on the Sharp us site for the us version of our player,but not on the uk site,the idiots at Sharp have no idea what I mean,have you used this update on your player?Just wondered if it can be used on ours as they seem to be the same ones as the us ones.Ordered Eastern promises on blu-ray today and The kingdom on hddvd,you seen either of these yet?Cheers buddy.

A

Anonymous

Yes, the sound levels are lower, but once you get it it's, it's terrific! I've spoken to Sharp a couple of times and it all depends on who you get to take the call. The last guy I spoke to said, 'don't use the USB, talk to us and we'll send a CD (like Tosh did).
I haven't got the BDs you mentioned. Did you see my post about the mega-cheap Oz HD-DVDs?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts