ADVICE FROM THE EXPERTS PLEASE!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi - I'm looking to buy the Dali Ikon 6 range of suround speakers. I'm not sure which Amp/reciever will work best with the Dali range. Can someone please advice, as I'm not sure if Okonyo, Denon or Marantz will be best suited for the Dali's

Tks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you want a more musical receiver, go for one of the newer, fully HD-audio equipped Marantz receivers (like this), but for sheer AV brilliance, the Onkyos are untouchable at the moment. Here's hoping the new Denons etc give them a run for their money and we all benefit!

A

Anonymous

If you want to make the Dali's sing I would pair them with an Arcam AVR350. No HDMI audio or the bells and whistles of the Japanese amps. But FAR better build, amps, power etc. If sound quality is your thing, especially music, you can't go wrong here. HD audio wise the Arcam has got 7.1 analogue input to use with a suitable BD player, and it is a better input stage than the Onkyo which I have A-B compared on 5.1 MCH input (the Onkyo was unfortunately shameful in this regard). So you would have to be handling 5.1 differently and you won't get a basic video processor or a multieq chip, but I'm more of the camp that you buy an amp because it makes sounds not processes video (and you can do what the Audyssey does with a tape measure and an SPL meter!). Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the Onkyo 875 (which I think should have been more expensive when you look at the sum of it's parts) but know what it is your buying. Sound quality wise it's not a £1k amp, it's all the other things that you are paying for.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare- thanks, I saw that one in the April addition of WHFI, the only draw back on the Marantz is it has no ethernet in/out put I got use to the wirless idea. Do you think it is worth waiting and see what Denon comes up with?

TRENDING THREADS