Advice for iPhone to receiver (docks or cables)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey,

I've been looking for a decent way to connect my iPhone to my receiver but am struggling a little. Idealy I want some kind of charging dock (with a remote) that connects to the bottom of the phone then lets me connect to receiver phono to phono. The ones I've found neglect to say anything about working with iPhones, just iPods, and the iPhone compatable docks only seem to output via 3.5mm to Phono. I already have a cable that does this much. I've seen the Russ Andrews cables and sonically it's probably what I'm looking for, but then I won't have the battery charging and remote control conveniences of a dock. Does what I'm looking for exist, preferably for a fair bit cheaper than £100?

Thanks for any suggestions.

DKake

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Have you looked at the latest Pioneer Receivers ? they are compatible with the i-Phone and even use a digital connection. You also don't have to buy a dock as it's built into the Receiver via USB.

Cheers

Dkake

A

Anonymous

I haven't seen them but I only bought the Sony I have a few weeks ago so not really looking to change.

A

Anonymous

Hmm it seems I was mistaken when looking around, the Cambridge Audio iD50 does support iPhone, I thought it didn't. Well, that dock is everything I'm looking for. Does anyone know of something the same but a little less than £100 (on RicherSounds)?

A

Anonymous

If it was me I'd try really hard to stretch that budget to the Onkyo ND-S1. Rather than have a phono connection, it'll connect to your receiver via optical. That means your Sony will do the digital-to-analogue conversion, rather than the iPod, and that will result in better sound.

iPhone compatibility isn't mentioned, but it will play and charge one (just switch to Airplane mode if you get any interference), and can be operated using the bundled remote.

Our review is here: http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Onkyo-ND-S1/

The cheapest price for one seems to be £130, offered by Superfi - http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/5625

TRENDING THREADS