Advice for headphone and dac/amp to buy

yamakashi27

Nov 20, 2022
Visit site
Firts of all hello to everybody here on this forum.im new here and saying hello to everybody.
Hope to learn a lot here about hifi.
Oke so im new in the audio area but need some help/advice of you guys here who forcsure know more than me about audio.
My budget is not big and fir ne it doesnt have to be an ecpensive set. Basically im looking for a headphone dac/amp. So on my research and lots if reviews on youtube i finally found something on my budget. I will only use a headphone on this.no speakers. And its for my bedroom for music and movie watching, and i will connect it with my tv optical connection. And smartphone with jack.
I already have a roland rh 200s headphone,its a 63 ohms headphone. And the amp i found is the aiyima t8 preamp dac. Is this a good buy. For the price i think its in my budget range. I also saw the aiyima A08 amp.it can be combined together. Im also looking for a headphone to replca the roland. Was looking to buy the beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80 9hms but dont know if it will be good with the aiyima dac. Hopefully somebody can give me some advice what to buy. Thanks in advance. Gr danny

Attachments

• 514Uj80wtSL._AC_SY450_.jpg
    514Uj80wtSL._AC_SY450_.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 51HmWIKlwHL.jpg
    51HmWIKlwHL.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 2

Gray

need some help/advice of you guys here who forcsure know more than me about audio.
Nobody here knows more about your Roland headphones than you do.

Hello and welcome to you👍

Also, you probably know more about the amplifiers in your photo....that's the reason that nobody has replied to you so far.

Have you got a particular reason for owning closed-back headphones? If not you might prefer the sound you could get from an open-backed model.
From a brief look, it seems that amp can drive speakers, but you say you have no intention of using them.
You might be better buying a dedicated headphone DAC / amp with the inputs you need - some of them are good value and would be well within your budget.

People could recommend what they own, but there's no substitute for listening and choosing for yourself.
Best advice if you can't listen before buying headphones, is to get them from somewhere that would accept returns.

And don't go thinking that more expensive necessarily means better.
(I preferred the sound of Sennheiser HD560S to more expensive models / brands that I tried).
Think about what you'd like to improve about your sound.....and make sure that what you buy is actually an improvement.

yamakashi27

Nov 20, 2022
Visit site
Nobody here knows more about your Roland headphones than you do.

Hello and welcome to you👍

Also, you probably know more about the amplifiers in your photo....that's the reason that nobody has replied to you so far.

Have you got a particular reason for owning closed-back headphones? If not you might prefer the sound you could get from an open-backed model.
From a brief look, it seems that amp can drive speakers, but you say you have no intention of using them.
You might be better buying a dedicated headphone DAC / amp with the inputs you need - some of them are good value and would be well within your budget.

People could recommend what they own, but there's no substitute for listening and choosing for yourself.
Best advice if you can't listen before buying headphones, is to get them from somewhere that would accept returns.

And don't go thinking that more expensive necessarily means better.
(I preferred the sound of Sennheiser HD560S to more expensive models / brands that I tried).
Think about what you'd like to improve about your sound.....and make sure that what you buy is actually an improvement.

Hello gray thanks gor youre reaction, reason that i dont want an open back is because of the audio that can be heard outsidecthe headphone. So thats why a closed back one. Ivwill be honest i dont know the headphone amp at all. I saw some reviews and it was in my budget range so thats why i was asking here. I xant choose either what to buy due to lack of experience.
I saw the sennheiser what you metioned also in reviews, do you also use headphone amp to drive it. And i know expensive doesnt mean the best.my budget is also limited. I just want to enjoy a good sound. The problem here in my country the netherlands is that most of the chinese amps are not available here, only on amazon and return will be a hassle. So thats why if i find a budget amp,most headphones are available here and can be returned so thats a great idea to test it out. Hopefully i can find a combo for myself. Do you have a suggestion for amps. As i said it will be mostly for movies and music in my bedroom.maybe i can take a look at open backs also. I heard they can deliver good sound also. Thanks for youre timr and thanks for youre reply.
Gr danny

Reactions: Gray

Gray

I already had a decent DAC so took a chance on a Topping A50S (which is just an amp), but you're right about the possible hassle if you needed to return a Chinese branded amp - it would be the same hassle for us here in England.

You no doubt know that the 560S is open, so not ideal for you.
People seem to like the ifi audio Zen DAC, but it hasn't got the optical input you need.
The headphones themselves will have the biggest influence on your sound though and you wouldn't go far wrong with the Beyers.
Might be worth considering the Pro X models if your budget will allow - even if that means spending a bit less on the amp.
Good luck with your choices 👍

P.S. Another closed-back to consider is AKG K550 (currently on the mark 3 version, which sound more open than other closed models).

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts