Advice for Conservatory LCD

blakenhall

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi, I really need some help/feed back on the following.

I’m looking for a 37” LCD for the conservatory, I want a set with at least the equivalent picture quality to our living room Panasonic TX-37LZD70, now 12 months old, the freeview quality is extremely good, and the picture through hdmi of the V+ box is superb!

I’ve discounted the 40inch Sony’s because of reported clouding issues and also the Panasonic TX-37LZD800, a great set/picture, but it has a reflective screen, no good for the conservatory.

One thing that I need to mention is that I have just ordered a Yamaha RX-V1900 that will be used with the lcd

I’m down to 2 choices, both Panasonics, a manufacturer I feel confident with. I’m hoping that someone can answer the following couple of questions, or with any other suggestions.

The TX-37LZD81 –( Freesat) . It’s selling for about £1000 with a Pani 5year guarantee and also a free sat dish.

Is the Freeview tuner at least the equivalent of our TX-LZD70?? Very difficult to do a comparison because of the usual poor reception/ picture quality in the shops.

The TX-37LXD85 – 100htz. About £820 including a 5 Year warranty from RS. Add another V+ box, £75 installation + £5 per month.

Compared to Freesat is the V+ BBC HD slightly inferior because of the compression applied by Virgin Media??

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

What about the Panasonic TX-37LZD85 100htz 1080p screen? Sound is supposed to be decent, can be purchased from John Lewis for £975 inc. 5 year guarantee. Not as reflective as the LZD800 and the only difference (as far as I can remember) is a top line sound module on the 800...

A

Anonymous

No prob, out of the lot I'd say (after your exclusions) the Panasonic LZD85 (5 star rated in WHF review) is one of the best sets you can get around that price. It can be found a lot cheaper online but it depends if you want the 5 year warranty. The saving could be used on the V+ box installation =P

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts