Advice about sound from my sub not upsetting the neighbours ? Please.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I live in apartments and I am concerned about the noise and vibration, from my new home cinema sub, affecting my neighbours who live below. Can anyone give advice or recommend any product that can stop or reduce this without an impact to the system sound. I really dont want advice about putting carpet on my wood floor (and I would like to keep the volume up fairly high), but would appreciate all other constructive help. thank you.

A

Anonymous

The only way around this is to sound proof the floor and the walls mate its as simple as that !

if you don't your Nabours will hear the Sub and will get ****** of !

The best way to test it will be play it loud and then go in to another room and see how loud it is , i bet you its loud and this is what your nabours will be hearing :)

I must admit i only use my sub at weekends and then it's fair , its not fair if its loud all the time :)

A

Anonymous

How does the Auralex GRAMMA work then and what do you do with it?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
It's designed to isolate a guitar amp or speaker, minimising vibrations from travelling to it and from it and thus improve sound. By doing this, it helps to minimise bass vibrations travelling through the floor and walls and thus ceiling of someone living below you. andyb1984:what do you do with it? Very simply, you put it on the floor, then plonk the sub on top!

A

Anonymous

Sounds good, think I may have to invest as im paranoid about upsetting the neighbours.

TRENDING THREADS