Adverts

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Sizzers said:
relocated said:
I never realised just how many intrusive and annoying adverts there are until I had to stop using Kaspersky.

Why did you have to stop using Kaspersky?

It's never let a single one through so I don't know what I'm missing! :)

Sizzers, I use a first generation netbook for forum and Kaspersky is just too heavy a burden for the poor little thing. It ground to a halt but moving to AVG has restored its usefulness. :cheer:

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I appreciate that you're running a business and you need to maximise revenue, and accept that averts are a necessary evil. That said, when they invade my entire screen it's extremely annoying. It's not what I associate with a reputable business - it's a really unsubtle amush. It casts both the site and the advertiser in a bad light. For the benefit of your advertisers, I've got a mental blacklist of companies that over-step the mark (with unsolicted emails, pushy sales techniques, local businesses that ignore my "no junkmail" sign etc), and my next telly won't be a Samsung!

TRENDING THREADS