Adjusting..... how long?

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Noticed one of the main problems with tweaking, upgrading your system is getting over the 'sound' of the out going kit (unless it sounded awful) in your experience how long does it take to get into a new 'upgrade'. And once into the new sound how hard has it been to go back or does going back cause the process to start all over again?

matthewpiano

All hi-fi is a balance of compromises and it can take a fair few hours of listening to adjust to a different set of compromises. I generally find that the changes that work longer term show promise in the early days and then become more and more enjoyable as I adjust. Changes that have proved to be less successful have either not given me enough to be positive about early on or, conversely, have been initially impressive but then become irritating. The whole process can be great fun but also quite challenging!

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
The last system i had lasted around 4 years [amp and speaker package] but during that time i had 3 different CD players from the dirt cheap to the rediculously expensive. But i was never 100% happy with any of them but if i was able to to get a player that had traits of all 3 then i would of been. :doh:

Now onto a totally new system and overall happy with the sound, bass could be better but i know it wont be unless i change speakers. Its now been a couple of months since i've had it but old memories are hard to shift and i'd imagine it will take some time for them to go, i just think that you get accustomed to a sound over a long periods and it embeds itself more than you realise. Though my previous systems sound has more or less been extinguished.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Over the years I have gone from expensive to very expensive to cheap to mains conditioners to cables to equipment support, Sholud i go on?.. Anyway i finally found out that expensive is not always the way to go. I have used all the well know expensive names from unison to Arcam to naim to linn. I sold everything & got my self am AV amp Marantz SR6003 cousring me only £650:00. i tried it with my Sonus faber cremona's & was blown AWAY!!

Currenlty the amp is feed by Audiolab M-dac. I also done away with all my mains cable & invested in an I SOL 8 mains conditioner. Now i have a dynamic open musical full sounding system. Just the way i like it!!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Native_bon said:
Anyway i finally found out that expensive is not always the way to go. I have used all the well know expensive names from unison to Arcam to naim to linn. I sold everything & got my self am AV amp Marantz SR6003 cousring me only

If I remember right, you had an AVR600 (which you rated highly, and bought having heard the Marantz)), so it surprises me a little that you swapped it for the SR6003.....unless of course you got a troublesome one.

I'm not being critical. Just interested.

Cno

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Oh yes of course i did purchase the AVR600. It was better with movies but found I was noticing a forward sound in the mids. So i decided to try the marantz again. Believe it or not the marantz was just so much smoother. So i had to decide if the AVR600 was really worth. Being that the marantz was only £650.00 i had to return the AVR600.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Thx for getting back. I suspect it may be a synergy thing with the SF, as I don't get this with the Kef Refs.

Glad you got the sound that you were after.

Cno

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts