Adding to my Sony TV and Player - New Speaker sets and Amp help please.

XSnPX

May 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I have been posting more on the TV area recently as recently bought myself a Sony 40W4500 with the sony blu-ray player :) Ans i am loving it all.
I have been looking for a long time now to get the rest slowly and been looking around at speaker systems first, 5.1.
So many to choose from but I am also looking for a system that will be musically good when listening to CD music and or MP3 streaming though the PS3.
I have listed a few packages i would like your professional opinion on, with the best price i found them on the net for now - and what amp should i be looking to get in order to get the best compromise for a musical system on top of a surround system.

The Speaker pachages are:
1: £399.99 Q Acoustic 1010i 5.1 Speaker package
2: £450 + free Free 20 meters of QED Speaker Cable & 3m Subwoofer Cable (total Cost RRP £50.00) when you purchase this package - Mordant Short Alumni 5.1 Speaker sytem
3: £499 - Epos ELS3 5.1 speaker system

Should you be able to recommend somehting maybe more recent - why not as i noticed form reveiews these have been around a while..

Then i am really stuck on the Amp, and in terms of budget looking to buy something 1st or 2nd hand for £250 to £350 - i will looking to buy teh amp in January 08 for the biggest sale ever apparently.

The speakers i am planning to buy before Xmas.

I will be buiying in time brackets for the rear speakers and stands for the front if this make a difference with the choice of speakers.. .

All the help on the above would be greatly appreciated - or my total budget for the above MAX would be £850.

Many thx in advance to all the great helpers here.

Ben.

XSnPX

May 14, 2008
Visit site
"BUMP" and rephrased question:

I have £850 budget MAX. For Amp and 5.1 system, as you may have read i mae a few choices fo rthe speaker package -

I woudl be happy to buy second hand, or new - but as well as having a good cinema set-up with my system below, i woudl also like to have a good musical experience when choosing the stereo 2.0 for music with the main speakers in the front.

This is where i am stuck - i am sure linked to an Onkyo all 3 speaker packages iwll sound great during a film, but i am worried about the music aspect of things as i do listen to a lot of music. Most of my music is mp3, but all of is encoded at high quality 320k for best Q possible/size.

In preference - i like floorstanding speakers, but if small speakers on stand can recreate good lows i would be up for it too, as a choice i would not use a 2.1 set-up to listen to music, unless the sub is amazing, i believe its less high fidelity when the sub is on that way..

Many thx again in advance to whoever may help me.

Ben.

A

Anonymous

Hello
I've just upgraded my Onkyo 605 and alumni package to a Pioneer LX51 and KEF 3005SE 7.1 system. In my experience the old setup was pretty good with music, plus the speakers look fab. I guess if you found the sound wasn't up to standard you could upgrade the front speakers to a set of floorstanders at a later date and use the other two to make up 7.1.

XSnPX

May 14, 2008
Visit site
Thank you for your feedback on your old system - by any chance have you still have yrou old system?

When your Onkyo was in 2.0 mode - you were happy with the sound form the alumni speakers?

Were they on speaker stands?

Ben.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts