Adding a streaming device to my old home theatre

RednusN

Oct 22, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I have an ancient Sony DHC-FL5D home theatre system that I use for playing CDs. Still sounds fantastic.... Can I add a music streaming device to this, without adding other components? What would you suggest?

TomC

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi
There are several devices that serve just for that purpose. I can suggest two that I personally use:
  • Chromecast Audio. It is probably the smallest device of its kind and is used for streaming content from a mobile device, internet radio, but it can also be used for other things (NAS access, etc.). It can be found on the market of used devices for relatively little money. The second device is slightly larger but also more serious.
  • Heos Link. It is a preamplifier that integrates streaming options for leading services (Deezer, Tidal, spotify ...) internet radio, streaming from NAS, via bluetooth, etc. It is part of HEOS family with many devices ,primary from Denon and Marantz which can be used for multi-room etc.
The advantages of HEOS is the possibility of future upgrades, and the only drawback of Chromacest is that it is only available on the used devices market ...

Secretagentmole

Sep 19, 2020
Visit site
There is another way to the above...

Comes with interconnects too. I am running one of these and though the interface isn't the best, it works...

It will find files on NAS or on devices linked to the home WiFi, it will stream, and all that for under £15, delivered, with warranty....

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts