Adding a stereo amp to my 5.1 setup.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Denon 1909 which im happy with for home cinema use but just find it a little thin sounding for stereo use. I also have a Technics sua-900mk2 which I used to use before buying the denon and has now been sat in a store room for the last 7 months. If the denon had pre outs this could have sorted my dilemma but it doesnt so thats a no go. I currently have the q acoustics 1050i fronts, 1010i rears and 1000ci center with a bk xls-200 sub. I was thinking about buying a second pair of 1010i and having 2 seperate setups.

This would mean the surround duties being carried out by 1010i front, 1010i rear, 1000ci center and the bk sub through the denon and having the technics drive the big 1050i's. My sub has the option for a simultaneous connection of the low and high level input so I am wondering if it would be possible to connect 1 sub to 2 amplifiers as long as only 1 is used at a time?

I would ask the manufacturer this question but they are closed on sundays and as this is my only day off for 2 weeks I thought someone may have the answer before I waste half the day pulling my system apart.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mohsin - I did something simlar a while back. I had a denon receiver that did have pre-outs and routed the front channels through my Arcam A32. I had the sub (REL Quake) connected to the A32 via the high-level input and the Denon receiver via the line level input simultaneously - no problems whatsoever, and when playing surround soundtracks that did have signals (albeit the same thing)going to the sub from both A32 and receiver so you should be fine if it's only one at a time.

But I stopped using the sub for stereo listening, because I realised it was just better without it. If you can buy a set of stereo speakers that you're going to be happy with their own bass response, then keeping it simpler will produce a better overall sound IMO.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts