Add streaming to existing system, help please!

Marinmv1

Nov 22, 2021
Visit site
Hi

I have a Marantz PM6005 amp, Marantz CD6005 CD player with Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers. I’m looking to add a streamer with the aim of matching the sound quality of my CD player or ideally improving upon it. So what products should I be looking at?

The Bluesound Node looks appealing, seems to have received good reviews and Blue OS sounds like a good interface. Would this be a match for my CD player?

Or should I look at the Cambridge Audio CXN V2. A costlier product, so will it be an improvement over the Node and my CD player?

Appreciate any advice as will help me understand what budget I need to set my self before auditioning.

Thanks

dkontos

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
I have the same question. I want to buy a streamer-dac to replace my Yamaha WX-10. The new streamer must support Tidal Connect. I have in mind the Bluesound, the CNX or the new i-Stream with a good dack combo. I have see rewiws saying that the i-Stream is better from the Bluesound at sound quality. Is there anyone having experience with these streamers ?

Tinman1952

I have the same question. I want to buy a streamer-dac to replace my Yamaha WX-10. The new streamer must support Tidal Connect. I have in mind the Bluesound, the CNX or the new i-Stream with a good dack combo. I have see rewiws saying that the i-Stream is better from the Bluesound at sound quality. Is there anyone having experience with these streamers ?
Hi. The iFi Stream is an excellent bit of kit. Initially I baulked at the price of £399 but you are paying for iPurifier technology on the coax output and noise cancelling on the USB output plus high precision clocks and top quality internal components. I use mine with the mConnect app and it sounds superb! 👍

Reactions: Al ears

dkontos

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
Hi. The iFi Stream is an excellent bit of kit. Initially I baulked at the price of £399 but you are paying for iPurifier technology on the coax output and noise cancelling on the USB output plus high precision clocks and top quality internal components. I use mine with the mConnect app and it sounds superb! 👍
Which dac do you pair with the i-Stream ?

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
If you decide to go down a two box route, which I have and believe opens up more options for dac upgrades in the future, whereas you're stuck with the one in a one box solution like the node...I use a primare np5 prisma, cracking little unit with a few ex demo models available on the well known auction site, my only gripe with it is that tidal is delivered via the chromecast software ( unless you are using a pc or similar) which doesn't utilise gapless playback, although it does have airplay and Bluetooth which can overcome the problem, Spotify connect is fine, it's also a roon endpoint (. that's how I use it mostly).

TenTonTarantula

Aug 17, 2021
Visit site
If you decide to go down a two box route, which I have and believe opens up more options for dac upgrades in the future, whereas you're stuck with the one in a one box solution like the node...I use a primare np5 prisma, cracking little unit with a few ex demo models available on the well known auction site, my only gripe with it is that tidal is delivered via the chromecast software ( unless you are using a pc or similar) which doesn't utilise gapless playback, although it does have airplay and Bluetooth which can overcome the problem, Spotify connect is fine, it's also a roon endpoint (. that's how I use it mostly).

Well you can always output from the Node into an external DAC too if you so wish.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts