Adam Active Bargain

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

insider9

Andrewjvt said:
insider9 said:
What's your opinion on ribbon tweeters? Have you heard a decent pair of speakers with some ribbons?

I like them
I have no preference and depends on the design of speaker as to witch one is best
But since this successful Adam purchase, I'm going to test the s range 3 way as a possible main speaker and I'll be able to ab instant switch between speakers in studio environment demo room with proper acoustics.
Just finding the time is my issue.

My only issue with ribbon tweeter is the narrow sweet spot as I rarely just sit and listen and move around alot but the Adam wave guide possibly helps here
Sounds like a plan Andrew. That is a great way of doing it. Yes, ribbons produce a narrower sweet spot but well worth a trade off in my opinion. It only really matters if you want the full imagining from different listening positions.

It depends on the speaker design too. I'm on my third pair and these produce the smallest sweet spot of them all. I wonder what you'll make of them whenever that is you'll pop in for a listen.

Paul how big is the sweet spot on the Adam's?

rainsoothe

Andrewjvt said:
insider9 said:
What's your opinion on ribbon tweeters? Have you heard a decent pair of speakers with some ribbons?

I like them
I have no preference and depends on the design of speaker as to witch one is best
But since this successful Adam purchase, I'm going to test the s range 3 way as a possible main speaker and I'll be able to ab instant switch between speakers in studio environment demo room with proper acoustics.
Just finding the time is my issue.

My only issue with ribbon tweeter is the narrow sweet spot as I rarely just sit and listen and move around alot but the Adam wave guide possibly helps here

The s series are a completely different beast, you'll love 'em.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts