Active speakers under £150

Napster88

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

I am looking for a pair of active bookshelf speakers to improve the sound of my TV.
Searched online for a decent pair under £150 and found the edifier r1700bt whch seem to have a decent sound for the price. I am also interested in thees ones at they have bluetooth.
Any other good speakers in this price range that I should consider?
Also, If I am gong with the edifier r1700bt, thees only have RCA input to pass sound from the TV.
I would like to use the wired input form the TV so I can leave the bluetooth connection open so I can connect with an iphone and listen songs from Spotify.
My question is, as I only have the RCA input on the speakers, how is best to connect them from the tv? Thees are the options:

RCA to RCA
Optical to RCA
3.5mm to RCA

Thanks for the help.

daveh75

Napster88 said:
Hello.

I am looking for a pair of active bookshelf speakers to improve the sound of my TV.Searched online for a decent pair under £150 and found the edifier r1700bt whch seem to have a decent sound for the price. I am also interested in thees ones at they have bluetooth.Any other good speakers in this price range that I should consider?

Those Edifiers look good and you'll be hard pushed to find many other activities with integrated remote controlled pre-amp and Bluetooth for that money

Also, If I am gong with the edifier r1700bt, thees only have RCA input to pass sound from the TV. I would like to use the wired input form the TV so I can leave the bluetooth connection open so I can connect with an iphone and listen songs from Spotify.My question is, as I only have the RCA input on the speakers, how is best to connect them from the tv? Thees are the options:

RCA to RCAOptical to RCA3.5mm to RCA

Thanks for the help.

RCA outputs are a rarity on TVs these days so probably isn't an option, optical would require a DAC so an extra box and expense so you're probably left with using the TVs headphone output (3.5mm jack) as the only realistic option.

Gray

Napster88 said:
Hello.

I am looking for a pair of active bookshelf speakers to improve the sound of my TV.Searched online for a decent pair under £150 and found the edifier r1700bt whch seem to have a decent sound for the price. I am also interested in thees ones at they have bluetooth.Any other good speakers in this price range that I should consider?Also, If I am gong with the edifier r1700bt, thees only have RCA input to pass sound from the TV. I would like to use the wired input form the TV so I can leave the bluetooth connection open so I can connect with an iphone and listen songs from Spotify.My question is, as I only have the RCA input on the speakers, how is best to connect them from the tv? Thees are the options:

RCA to RCAOptical to RCA3.5mm to RCA

Thanks for the help.

If you've got no RCA sockets, use one of these to get audio out - fixed, line-level signal (unaltered by TV volume control)

http://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/8226-out/scart-adaptor/dp/AR71327?st=scart%20adapter

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
If you can afford to stretch just a little, the Q Acoustics BT3 will do everything you want and a bit more.

Bluetooth, Toslink Digital and analogue inputs plus full remote control, of you liik around you can often find them for £200 or less.

Point of order, These are not 'active' speakers though they are often described as such, they are powered passives. Different thing entirely.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts