Acoustic Energy Radiance 1 - anyone own / heard these?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
AE sell these speakers as 'B Grade' for £231, against SRP of £600, which seems like a real bargain. However, given that I would not be buying these from a dealer, I am not in a position to audition them first (nearest dealer is over 100 miles away in any case).

So, I just wondered whether, based on anyone's direct experience these are worth taking a punt on? For what it's worth, several online reviews (including WHF) rate them at about 4/5, but this is obviously at SRP.

Are these speakers a significant step up from what else can be got in the < £300 price range, or am I just being seduced by the perceived saving.

(system is HRT Musuic Streamer II into Cyrus 6 integrated).

A

Anonymous

Yup; heard them a few times along with a Cyrus 6XP and Audiolab 8200 amp

Great little speakers; lovely midrange and treble but not the last word in bass however it is still good

If you can get them at that cut down price I'd fully recommend them. On some decent stands and with good speaker cable (preferably copper so hold back the top end a little); they'd be little belters

abookcase

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Would you recommend them over the BX2's for example - or the Dali Zensor 1's?

I have just seen where they are £231 too....

BGrade: Manufacturers quality control failures due to veneer imperfections, ex demonstration units, previously opened boxes, manufacturer refurbished

A

Anonymous

Depends on the aound your after really...

Plus they cant really be compared to the BX2's or Zensor 1's as they're budget speakers whereas the AE's are midrange; more comparable to the M/A RX1's or 2's and Dynaudio DM 2/6's etc...

A

Anonymous

Thanks, it's good to hear that the work well with a low-power Cyrus amp, albeit a more modern version than mine!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts