Acoustic Energy Compact 6.1?

Bobbyhifi

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard the Acoustic Energy Compact speakers? I see on the news section they're listing a 6.1 system with their "Neo" sub which usually gets great reviews. The review in the current issue of the Compact 1 looked ok, I liked the point about lack of brightness/harshness as that's a particular bugbear of mine. Sorry if I'm not allowed to comment on current reviews! I haven't seen anything on them anywhere else but they look kinda cool to me. A mate went to the Bristol show and I remember him telling me they were one of his favourite things, sadly I couldn't get along as I was on weekend shift at the time. |(

My current system is a NAD 3020 with Monitor Audio Bronze BR2's but I've been looking to get a proper cinema set-up for a while now I've got Blu-Ray and 50" TV. I was going to look around the £1k mark and trade in my existing set-up. That package for £850 should leave enough over for a reasonable AV amp, something like Onkyo or Pioneer. I'm also not sure about 6.1, anyone tried it? I've got room behind my sofa for a rear centre speaker if need be.

I'm in no rush but I live in the sticks a little so looking to put together a shortlist before visiting any dealers as I'll have to take a day trip to do it! I'm not really after a "lifestyle" system as such but also live in a terraced house so a big system is probably a little too much, which is one of the reasons that system looked like a decent compromise. The new Q-Acoustics looks ok too but again maybe sacrificing a little more for style, anyone heard that either??

Thank you for any help!

Bobbyhifi

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone?? :D

If not the surround package how about just the normal compact speakers or the neo sub? Or the new Q-acoustics? Thanks for any input! (I've got a rare free Saturday to go and listen to some things, Richer Sounds have the AE's but I'm not sure what their demo facility is like as I've heard they're small shops!)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, the first we knew about this package was the press release the other day: it's in the shops from next Monday, and I'm certain we've requested a review sample, but not having heard it all working together it's impossible to really comment further.

Bobbyhifi

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Ahh. Thank-you for the information! I just checked and it seems Richer Sounds have the speakers but not the sub :doh: I'll see what's about I guess, there's a few shops there (Bristol) so someone will have something interesting I'm sure!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts